Tensei Pandemic

In hindsight isn't it a little weird to fall in love with a girl who has almost the same name as your friend and the same face but with slightly longer hair?

Group Leader
🤔Why is it that the spanish translation has already released the final chapter AND the extras, concluding the series, while this scanlation takes an entire month (sometimes even TWO) just for a single chapter ? 🤔

Hmm, smells like procrastination here 🤔

Inb4
"jUSt lEaRN jAPaNEsE dUh"
🤔

I am really hoping this doesnt end in the same way as boku girl did with the MC's gender choice linked with choice of partner.

Ending is a dissapointment for me. I did not come here for Yuri still got Yuri at the end.

I thought Kyosuke and Hina would end up together cause Hina was more honest to Kyousuke about his/her feelings than others'.

SO I would recommend to stop at chapter 64. Anyway 5/10 cause there no warning or tag about Yuri.

Dex-chan lover
Oh ffs - I was told in a different comment section that this one is worth reading, that it's different and actually logical. Now it turns to the very same generic, unrealistic trash that all the other GB mangas are at the end. But this ones almost fraudulent. 3/4 th of the story are him being in love with his crush and acting like one would in that situation and then the effin coward of an author just makes an 180° turn.

@Moonmanrider001 "If you like this series I recommend Boku Girl it's another genderswap manga that's actually really good utter trash and exactly the same like all the other genderbenders" <- I fixed that for you

Spanish translations finished this some time now into another website: lectormanga.com

For the guys wanting to know the ending:

MC ends up with Yurina. MC loses her virginity by Yurina's boy version (a pity didn't end in yuri, sigh...why!)
Ppl now can change genders at will, in my case that leaves a very sour feeling, like I am being scammed, like the online scams about being rich if you invert in that...
I don't like the idea that ppl can change at will their gender(?). It just feels wrong/strange
If you want to, then do a sex operation, man.

It just feels author developed that the wrong way or maybe I didn't get it.

But I am the type of guy who just accepts what I am born with and that should be for all ppl, they shouldn't have a reason to want to change...I mean it you dont like yourself or ppl don't accept you...then that is society's issue...but there is more ppl, who possibly will accept you too...
To change genders bcz that X person doesn't like you like or won't accept you, that is wrong af...
It feels like you are forced to become another one just so you can talk with ppl you like/parents and they won't ignore you anymore.

Now if you want to change bcz you feel your personality, how you act and character is more suitable to the opposite gender, then do it.
But fuck, man...this manga just explained all this bs wrong af...or I am too much of an idiot IDK...

My final analysis/comment/whatever shit I am talking about is that it leaves a sour taste, too much chapters for a somewhat "good/mediocre ending" and possibly stuff wrong put into words to the audience/too much fantasy, fuck!!
After finishing this I was like:
I feel that Isekai and cultivation novels/mangas are more real or believable than this...I know what I said about being real is bs but fuck it just feels like it...

Hopefully ppl understood what I triying to say

is english translate still going ? i found this :(https://manga1000.com/%E8%BB%A2%E6%80%A7%E3%83%91%E3%83%B3%E3%83%87%E3%81%BF%E3%81%A3%E3%81%8F-raw-free/)
i donno if there is any copyright problem

Group Leader
Yeah seriously I can't get why chapters are so damn slow to come. I get laziness is a thing, but some scanlating groups are nothing but a materialization of sloth. 

Since the spanish version is already done and complete, scanlaters can just, like... scavenge it and translate it from spanish to english ? It won't be perfect, but at least we will know the ending without having to bring a dictionary along us.

This lack of reactivity and speed from the scanlating groups is just painful. Not only for us, poor readers who have to come to lengths such as decrypting spanish speaking, but also for groups themselves, having to drag this for days and weeks and months and years...

So please I beg you, ElPsyKongroo, Lonely Hikikomori or literally anyone who can speak japanese/spanish and have a computer: Pick this up and do a quickscan. We don't want 4k high-res pictures nor ultra-detailed credit pages, all we'd like to have is to see the ending of this series by our own eyes (not from spoilers). Please! :(

Group Leader
@Watercell : Oh, just realized that. They're really busy...

@CookieCats : Snipe, snipe... This word kind of disgusts me. Who cares if the chapter was released by DirtyWeebGroup or TrapEnthusiasts ? The most important thing is that chapters get released and can be read by us english readers (or perhaps french ? French translation takes ages too).
We'll all be very grateful to every of those groups who scanlate the series (even if they get "sniped"), but if ElPsyKongroo or whatever group that translates this releases one ridiculously small 24-pages scan every 40 days, preventing anyone from speeding up the whole thing, that won't do.

Dex-chan lover
@Ayazel I'll never understand the audacity of people who act entitled and indignant over free fan content. You got such a problem with the translation speed? You do the work then.

Group Leader
@Trippersigs22 : Ah yes, thank you very much for bringing the most recurrent saying in the scanlating world : "jUsT dO iT YOurSElF dUh".

Imagine you're a car models-enthusiast. You love to do model stuff in your free time, and you closely follow the newest car models.

Suddenly, you see a quite underrated and pretty interesting car, but no serious group works on it : the only one who does is sluggy as hell : you're not expecting the model to be fully released before at least three or four years. All this time for a small, minuscule model that should be done in a bunch of months by such qualificated groups.

So you could say, "how about I do it myself then ?", and that's a technicaly feasible idea, but you're forgetting some things : First, you don't know how to make models from scratch. Second, learning how to make models will take you years of study and learning, and third, you don't even remotely have enough free time and will for all of that.

Now just replace "car models" with "manga scanlations". It works with a lot of other things too, "your car's engine died ? Just repair it yourself" ; "you think most of recent AAA games are trash ? Go make yours." "You're not rich ? Stop being poor". 
You're suggesting something that is technically feasible, but requires so much effort and time that it's just not worth it for people like us, "casual" readers. You're implying that free fan content's translation speed's slowness is perfectly normal, and therefore wanting to speed up the process is acting like a *sshole (which is, as far as i'm concerned, outstandingly false). 

I'd like to be able to learn japanese in a few days and release tons of unreleased series on Mangadex (and in fact I'd love to help the community like this), but you see... I can't. If I could, that means everyone could too, and that means the whole Mangadex website, groups and all other scanlating stuff wouldn't even exist at the first place, and therefore we wouldn't even have to argue about a non-existent group's non-existent slowness due to its non--existent laziness. 
Thus, this is why you, me, and everyone reading mangas here on Mangadex have to rely on groups which are quite slow (and I'd like to say, a bit lazy). And since they're the only providers of our commodity called "mangas", we might have the right to ask for a microscopically faster scanlation speed, as we'd enjoy seeing the end of this manga before our death.

Dex-chan lover
@Ayazel
Frame it in whatever way you want, but if you have the audacity to act indignant over something that is essentially a gift, then you're an entitled asshole. You aren't paying for a service or a product, you're literally complaining that someone isn't giving you free stuff fast enough, something that if you put the work in you could do. Your entire viewpoint is the equivalent of a child crying because none of the houses on his street having candy on Halloween.
You have some form of a computing device in front of you, meaning you could learn a language FOR FREE, but you're much too lazy for that arent you? and yeah I'm too lazy to learn Japanese too, but im not gonna go online and complain about OTHER people not appeasing my own laziness fast enough, especially when I provide no incentive or compensation for them to do so.

Also comparing it to rich vs poor or comparing the difficulty of repairing a car with zero outside help or materials is so outlandishly ridiculous that it barely deserves a response.

You've got time to read manga and complain about it online, but don't have the time to take free Japanese lessons from an app or website?

You're not supporting the translators or their efforts, you're not paying for an official release or service. you're getting something FOR FREE and you have the audacity to spit in the face of the people who are giving you something out of SHEER KINDNESS. Theres no way around it YOU'RE LAZY AND ENTITLED.

Group Leader
@Trippersigs22 : I guess you didn't get my comparison. If you didn't know, learning a language take a lot, a awfully lot amount of effort and time, and even more for such a complicated language as Japanese (since you have to learn the most basic things such as reading in order to learn it before).

Now let's take another example : Someone offers you a voucher for a free meal at a classy restaurant specialized in exotic, rare food. It's nice, isn't it ? And you don't even have to play anything : it's a dream becoming true. The thing is, you have to wait 4 whole years* before being able to eat at this place... Wouldn't that be quite ridiculous ?

That's awfully slow, and even if you got a free voucher for it, you would feel irritated nonetheless. You would like to bargain, ask for the guy who gave you this free voucher for a shorter waiting time (like, 1 year ? ), and he would just say "Just do it yourself".

So you roll up your sleeves, you leave your job (because you have a goddamn job and you wouldn't even remotely have time to do all of that without leaving it), and you decide to.. cook the meal yourself. You travel around the world for those.. ingredients, you learn online... how to cook, you perfect your... cooking ability, and you end up making a.. meal just as good as (or even better than) the classy restaurant's. And then you realize that by the time you cooked the meal, your voucher has already met his expiration date.

Now replace my cooking tale with the situation we are in. As for the *4 years, I've calculated that at the current releases rate, this series (Tensei Pandemic) will end in 2022, so basically 4 years in total.

Note that your fallacious reasoning isn't only limited to the scanlating world : video-games fanatics also share this mode of thinking, going all "bRuh you don't like Cyberpunk ? Just go learn how to make games if you're not happy, there are literally free tutorials on the internet" when one contradicts them. I don't think I have to explain how extremely hard it is to make a decent game from 0 knowledge.

tl;dr : I know it's free, but as free as it is, if the service is trashy as heck I think we might the right to complain.

Dex-chan lover
[]@Ayazel you're still on with these nonsensical false equivalencies. You could, with a relatively short amount of time learn to read Japanese at the level necessary to read and understand the text, in your free time over the course of two years TOPS.

" Someone offers you a voucher for a free meal at a classy restaurant specialized in exotic, rare food. It's nice, isn't it ? And you don't even have to play anything : it's a dream becoming true. The thing is, you have to wait 4 whole years* before being able to eat at this place... Wouldn't that be quite ridiculous ?"
No it wouldn't be. I'm being provided a free service, I'm on their time, they aren't on mine. If I didn't like the wait id just leave and move on with my life and COOK MY OWN MEALS. Your scenario doesn't match at all because in this case you're comparing learning how to cook a singular meal. if you learned how to read Japanese you could read ALL JAPANESE TEXT. If you were only ever going to read one manga in your lifetime thatd be different, but im willing to bet that isn't the case.

"bRuh you don't like Cyberpunk ? Just go learn how to make games if you're not happy, there are literally free tutorials on the internet"
That's not the same and you know it isn't. Most people don't have the resources, intellect, creativity or time to learn how to structure a fully realized game like CyberPunk as it would be short of literally impossible for a single individual to do so. LITERALLY BILLIONS OF PEOPLE ARE BIlNIGUAL. It's one of the few useful skills that can be learned in a passive amount of time for free and it only takes you, and whatever devices you're using to read this comment.

You're comparing the effort that it takes to learn basic guitar playing to the effort and resources it takes to build a modern home with your bare hands. They just aren't the same and to compare the two is beyond ridiculous.

You're making it seem as if learning a second language to the point of reading it is some insurmountable task. IT ISNT. There are free resources that would require at most 30 minutes of your free time a day and you could learn to point of being able to understand and read manga in less than two years and that's entirely in passive free time(less so if you put actual focus and time into it). You'd get a useful reputable skill and you'd never have to complain about"lazy" translators again. You telling me you don't have 10-15 minutes before and after bedtime but you've got the time to read manga?
How is this anything other than you being the worst combination of lazy and indignant?

tl;dr NO you don't have the right to complain about free handouts.

Users who are viewing this thread