Tensei Reijou wa Shomin no Aji ni Uete Iru - Ch. 1

Thanks for doing this! I love the light novel and have been hoping someone would pick it up/ bring attention to it! Thanks 😊

Thank you for picking this up! I've been waiting for someone to do it for some time now. No worries, I think the translations was great!

Double-page supporter
That chef in the beginning has to be executed for attempted murder, fish in cream can only be counted as poison

@mintcinno check out Iris, lady with a smartphone, it at least showcases spicy chicken and other recipes, not only Japanese related ones. It's a Korean manwha so it may be centered around it more

@sheilaskypelt
Oh yes I know of that one I’m currently reading it. I know the majority of these series are Japanese and Korean so they’re bound to have their cultural cuisines, only a few series actually branch off into other foreign cuisines.

Dex-chan lover
Food there must be truly horrid. Even the poor sardines were weeping.

@Meichan56
You find the webnovel chapters by going to Novel Updates
<https://www.novelupdates.com/series/tensei-reijou-wa-shomin-no-aji-ni-uete-iru/>

Dex-chan lover
One rule I have about food is not to knock it until you try it. I won't say grilled fish in fresh cream is bad, as I've never eaten such a thing.
Another rule is that food has three major components: Presentation, dining atmosphere, and taste. The grilled fish sticking out of the cream is lacking in uniformity, so it gets points off there. Terrible presentation.

Serving fish with bones to a noble's daughter, really? Isekai Author-sans, stop nerfing the fantasy to prop the protagonist.

A better interpretation would've been a sardine alfredo pasta where the "cream" is the white sauce and the sardines filleted.

Double-page supporter
Cream wasn’t a even a thing in the medieval ages. Fish was considered a commoners food due to the fact it spoils quickly. And I’m just flat tired of Japanese culture hailed as the best. Also a steak would be a more appropriate meal for a noble at the time or even proper baked goods as snacks for women. And that cook has no understanding of how to plate and decorate food

Three entire fishes stabbed into a mountain of cream is supposed to be the work of a noble family's head chef? Forget cultural differences, I think there's something wrong with the nobility's sense of aesthetics if that presentation is considered fine and while takoyaki is common.

@immortalartisan have you ever tried reading Restaurant in Another World? That manga rarely even serve Japanese food and more on Western food. Beef stew, baked potato in butter, croquette, crepe, etc.

SUPERIOR NIPONU SUGOOOOOOOOOI!! GRILLED APPLE FOLDED OVER A THOUSAND TIMES!!!
Always retarded when this happens in isekai. OMG RICE?!?!?!?!?!??!? OH MY GOD!!! AN EGG?!?!?!??!?!??! ONTOP OF RICE?!?!?!? OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SUGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI

Dex-chan lover
SUPERIOR NIPONU SUGOOOOOOOOOI!! GRILLED APPLE FOLDED OVER A THOUSAND TIMES!!!
Always retarded when this happens in isekai. OMG RICE?!?!?!?!?!??!? OH MY GOD!!! AN EGG?!?!?!??!?!??! ONTOP OF RICE?!?!?!? OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SUGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI

Well.. lemme ask you this.. where do you come from? Imagine thinking you can no longer eat those favorite foods from your country or what not.. and suddenly the opportunity arises back. At first, I legit thought it was "muh japanese food the best" script. But when you think about it, it's actually weird if a Japanese reincarnate actually miss western food like South Carolina's style Ribs instead of their foods. It's not Indians who are reincarnated, it's not Americans who are reincarnated, it's not British who are reincarnated. It's Japanese. Of course they'd adore their food. That's like what they eat 9/10 times after all. You parroting about such straightforward thing over and over again is what really concerns me.

Users who are viewing this thread