Tensei Shitara Hime Datta node Dansou Joshi Kiwamete Saikyou Mahou Tsukai Mezasuwa

Aggregator gang
haha I don't understand how princess and wizard are related 😂

Dex-chan lover
As the mc said, this world is abit too messy well hopefully he doesnt turn gae later on.

So decides to disguise as a man & hide from being noticed as a princess to run away from marriage & to learn magic. Yet within first few chapters, she leaves a royal insignia on that makes it easy to figure out she's a missing princess, except for the ML that keeps thinking about how her body is very delicate for a man can't put 2 & 2 together.

Dex-chan lover
A sloppy escape for the MC , kinda weird how a the royal family havent caught the MC yet. It also seems like the MC is inhibiting the same body with his reincarnated body soul??? There seems to be some romance brewing hope its handled decently!

Dex-chan lover
This feels like a really bad adaptation to a novel, even though I haven't read the source material yet. Its like they just make this without thinking of the storyboard or flow of the story

Dex-chan lover
genderswap and romance with no boy's/girl's love are like a single glass of clear water in an ordinary glass on a table in the science lab, and if you are thirsty for some drinks that time, you know the feeling. It can be good and satisfying but it can also be a traumatic experience XD
I will tell you this one is the good one. But it can also depend on how you see it, peoples had wildly different taste.
I forgot the manga but this is the one (albeit a bit too wild) example of what I'm blabbering on rn 305068 (the code, y know where to look)

Last edited:
The writing is absolute shit in my opinion. The portrayal of female characters and their experiences in such a setting is done really poorly. For example, when he runs away from his arranged marriage, he says he still has the soul of a man so he must go pursue his dreams. It makes the desire to pursue your dream a gender based idea, when it’s a very human desire. This could’ve been written to be gender neutral and made it show how he has grown over the years due to having such a restricted life. It could've reflected how he feels his identity has changed since he's become a princess. I feel like there's a lot of things they could've done with the idea of gender/gender roles that they don't do here.

Another issue is despite going through many years of restrictive training and education, he seems to lack tact in all areas: his manner of speech, his lack of care for his identity to be kept a secret, and more. If he disliked his life so much as a princess that he would run away, why would he shout his name in front of many people. Why not use an alias? In addition, if he resonates so much with his new female name that he would rather use that as his hero name, why does he overall see his identity still as a guy at heart rather than a more gender neutral perception.

This whole manga feels like a guy who got thrown into a girl's body for one day instead of a guy who has been living as a girl for 10+ years.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
A badly written Shoujo isekai. Most of what's going on in it was done better in other works before. I fully support a resurgence of Adventure Shoujos though.

The pacing isn't great, but this is the first time I've seen anything resembling trans-masc representation in the isekai genre. Typically when a guy gets isekaid/reincarnated the story is a wish fulfilment type story, and either has the mc either have been aware they were trans to begin with or they come to love and embrace their femininity. In this, however, the mc is very much a guy stuck living as a girl. Any so called "inherent traits of the genders" in personality and thought process is a function of culture rather than "biology" and the mc's personality is the typical all-loving-power-of-friendship protagonist. His going out as a guy reads more as stealthing as a trans dude than crossdressing. All in all, I'm really enjoying it and would like to see more manga in this general vein.

Chapter 1 is incredibly bad. The bare minimum of the setting is established, what's there barely even makes sense (the estate of a royal family is known for being surrounded by bandits?), over a decade of the main character's life is just glossed over, the pacing is way too fast, the two characters both talk a bit about gender roles then the main character just goes around pushing gender roles on both of them.

Dex-chan lover
please direct me to the trans guy protagonist works. please. I am desperate.
Forgot to reply to this, but while Tomboy/crossdressing girls are not quite the same thing as a trans guy, that is a very old but established genre and Meteor Methuselah is one that comes to mind as being somewhat similar structurally and a thousand times better written than this.
https://mangadex.org/title/945c8c30-c3e8-4fb1-a197-0631c1c6c4f5/meteor-methuselah

Same goes for Calbania Monogatari, divisive but i find it super enjoyable to read:
https://mangadex.org/title/b10b9191-e583-4706-8f5c-a5c44547b817/calbania-monogatari

There's Rose of Versailles though i'll admit i have not read that one
https://mangadex.org/title/fd9577a0-43a3-4610-835f-1cbf903b7e3f/the-rose-of-versailles

But by and large the most famous and influential work of the sort is Tezuka's Princess Knight.
https://mangadex.org/title/e492584e-566e-4a51-9bf2-9a80f8a911d9/princess-knight

Users who are viewing this thread