Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Ch. 63 - Magic Sword Girl's Black Tail

Group Leader
thanks for the scans!

i have to say that translating the dwarf into thick enough scottish that you need to TN note yourselves is the funniest shit i've ever seen. love it
It was way thicker beforehand to the point where it was too much and it had to be toned down a bit lmao

I don't really care who you read, but I'm gonna wait for the LHT version because LHT has been doing this series since chapter 10, at the time of me posting this for approximately 5 years, sure the Translators & Editors (sorry, the fan translates call them Proofreaders) might get a little here and there wrong but you know what?

THEY DON'T GET PAID, they are literally doing this to: 1. get a series out to the english reading audience that normally wouldn't, 2. self enjoyment (some of the those who work on them do it because they like the series) 3. any money they do get, via donations, is put into getting the raw Japanese pages so these groups can continue doing what they do, and the only people getting paid are the Author/Mangaka.

Outside of that people (groups) that come in and start their own "group" to work on a series as its anime is airing (Subbed & Dubbed) are doing it for clout about 90% of the time, and I HATE those kind of groups.

• This
Reactions: GK
Group Leader
I don't care which team does it, but if there's an error, why doesn't this team contact LHT to give suggestions for a better translation? but sniping them, causing both groups to push the speed to see which side comes out faster, and then the quality will go down again. I have met many groups like that, they competed to work on the same project and then bring down the quality of the translation instead of working together.
sorry my english is bad!

I don't care which team does it, but if there's an error, why doesn't this team contact LHT to give suggestions for a better translation? but sniping them, causing both groups to push the speed to see which side comes out faster, and then the quality will go down again. I have met many groups like that, they competed to work on the same project and then bring down the quality of the translation instead of working together.
sorry my english is bad!
Maybe I missed it but it looks like they’ve only uploaded chapters that have already been posted?

MD@Home
Maybe I missed it but it looks like they’ve only uploaded chapters that have already been posted?
Different groups and different communities have different standards. But usually when you re-translate an active series like this it's going to feel a bit like a dick move.

Redoing the first few chapters that have been out for months is another thing.

But yeah, a lot of this stuff is subjective at best. Different translators have different styles. Despite popular believe, unless the author themselves does it, there isn't a perfect translation to convey everything.

Does that mean Curryscans is worse or better? Nah that shit is just subjective at best.

(Disclaimer;
While I'm part of LHT and MS I'm not involved with the TL process. I'm just the sysadmin)

Reactions: GK
Different groups and different communities have different standards. But usually when you re-translate an active series like this it's going to feel a bit like a dick move.

Redoing the first few chapters that have been out for months is another thing.

But yeah, a lot of this stuff is subjective at best. Different translators have different styles. Despite popular believe, unless the author themselves does it, there isn't a perfect translation to convey everything.

Does that mean Curryscans is worse or better? Nah that shit is just subjective at best.

(Disclaimer;
While I'm part of LHT and MS I'm not involved with the TL process. I'm just the sysadmin)
I’m not saying doing another translation like this isn’t rude (I don’t think there’s any way to interpret it otherwise), but the scenario posited in the post I quoted isn’t really relevant to this situation (at least, not as long as curry stays behind lh). Discussing how curry sniping lh is going to cause both groups to rush and put out worse translations misses what’s going on entirely. As far as quality goes, there’s definitely a lot of subjectivity and often no perfect translation; internal consistency and readability are about the closest one might get to objective measurements, and those would be woefully incomplete. I guess my point is that I just wanted to head off something that could miss the actual concerns with what’s happening.

Users who are viewing this thread