Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 13 Ch. 63 - The Black Tail of a Magic Sword Girl

Imagine looking at my profile and assuming Im american....... no thank you I prefer having great living conditions and healthcare.

When you make a series and it tries to be realiatic as possible then you question other things. Why would you develop a sword style specifically created to make use of poor steel?

Also calling me low key racist cause I questioned why katana in a more euro fantasy setting is hilarious.
Ok so, I wasn't fully refering to yall whole argument over katana this and that. I was talking about the original commit about Japanism strikes again and then joked about katana making (something that's a symbol for them) in a negative tone. Which is hilarious to even bring that up because Fran uses a great sword and not a katana so they only brought it up because they are being low key racist.

I don't look at people's profiles, I've always found people who do that to be creepy. This series has nothing about being realistic. I mean there are elves, beast people, dwarves, etc. So once again comparing it to real life is foolish.

Personally I don't get how you are defending the original comment when they was coming off racist and didn't actually have any good point whatsoever except a terrible ass take. If they have an issue with Japanism don't read Japanese stuff, simple as that. It's like complaining that Korean dramas have too much Korean stuff in it.

Sorry, I wasn't inferring that you was.

Lmao y'all are really having an argument about this?
Though I agree that it should be realistic as possible unless stated otherwise. Authors making things up as they go isn't good writing. But the manga just doesn't have enough depth to expect it to stay realistic.
It's a literal fantasy story, why does it need to be realistic? I legitimately don't get that. The writing is fine it just sounds like you prefer something different, and closer to real life. If that's the case there are plenty of other things to read, that will suit your interest but to act that something that doesn't suit you is bad writing is complete arrogance.

Staff
Super Moderator
It's a literal fantasy story, why does it need to be realistic? I legitimately don't get that. The writing is fine it just sounds like you prefer something different, and closer to real life. If that's the case there are plenty of other things to read, that will suit your interest but to act that something that doesn't suit you is bad writing is complete arrogance.
Did I say "it needs to be realistic"? No, I didn't. Did I say I prefer "different stories closer to real life"? No, I didn't. Did I say "this manga has bad writing"? No, I didn't.
Congrats, you missed every point I made.

Define "realistic". I think you think of "must exist in real world". I think of "It's possible and it fits in the world that was already established so far", which is perfectly possible for fantasy. It has to be believable trough good storytelling so it's worth getting invested and wasting my life reading it.
Like I said
Though I agree that it should be realistic as possible unless stated otherwise. Authors making things up as they go isn't good writing. But the manga just doesn't have enough depth to expect it to stay realistic.
What do I mean with "not enough depth"; does the author explain why different races exist? How do skills work? How does magic work? How do you gain more magic power? How does the level system work? How many languages are there in the world?
Like I also said, the Tensei Shitara manga just isn't a manga with much depth, so you shouldn't expect more from it than what it delivers. It's just that many appreciate it when the author makes boundaries clear so he can't just bullshit his way through the story. If it's not believable because the author thought it's a good idea to give the main character a magic lvl. 9999 sword with insta death that finishes the last boss in 2 manga panels in chapter 100, why should I read the 99 chapters before this?
E.g. many people like Mushoku Tensei because it has way more depth to it than your average isekai (it even has it's own working language).
The Tensei Shitara manga has enough depth to satisfy most people (which is why I'm here), but it's not enough to make me have expectations. If you want to argue with this, then tell me: was it ever explained why the blue cats betrayed the black cats and how the entire black cat race was enslaved? You know, the major plot point, the reason why mc even met Fran.

Did I say "it needs to be realistic"? No, I didn't. Did I say I prefer "different stories closer to real life"? No, I didn't. Did I say "this manga has bad writing"? No, I didn't.
Congrats, you missed every point I made.

Define "realistic". I think you think of "must exist in real world". I think of "It's possible and it fits in the world that was already established so far", which is perfectly possible for fantasy. It has to be believable trough good storytelling so it's worth getting invested and wasting my life reading it.
Like I said

What do I mean with "not enough depth"; does the author explain why different races exist? How do skills work? How does magic work? How do you gain more magic power? How does the level system work? How many languages are there in the world?
Like I also said, the Tensei Shitara manga just isn't a manga with much depth, so you shouldn't expect more from it than what it delivers. It's just that many appreciate it when the author makes boundaries clear so he can't just bullshit his way through the story. If it's not believable because the author thought it's a good idea to give the main character a magic lvl. 9999 sword with insta death that finishes the last boss in 2 manga panels in chapter 100, why should I read the 99 chapters before this?
E.g. many people like Mushoku Tensei because it has way more depth to it than your average isekai (it even has it's own working language).
The Tensei Shitara manga has enough depth to satisfy most people (which is why I'm here), but it's not enough to make me have expectations. If you want to argue with this, then tell me: was it ever explained why the blue cats betrayed the black cats and how the entire black cat race was enslaved? You know, the major plot point, the reason why mc even met Fran.

You said realistic. Just saying realistic is vague and most people are going to assume that you are expecting it to be realistic to our own plane of existance instead of the story. You then said authors making up stuff as they go along isn't good writing. Once again pretty vague. Guess what? I can't miss a point when you do not properly explain your point..

This is exactly what you said. "Though I agree that it should be realistic as possible unless stated otherwise. Authors making things up as they go isn't good writing. But the manga just doesn't have enough depth to expect it to stay realistic."

A lot of info missing right there bud.

Why would they need to explain why different races exist? It's a fantasy world they just inhabit it. How do skills work? I remember the lady explaining that to Fran in the dungeon, same goes for magic. She got her wind magic by being in the wind naked. How do you gain more magic power? You immerse yourself more in that element, like standing in the wind naked. I can't remember the level system off the top of my head. Why does the amount of languages in the world matter? How many languages exist in our world? (don't use google either). In fact how many stories say how many langauges are in the world anyway?

No it never explained what the whole blue cat and black cat thing was about. Will they reveal that plot later it's quite possible. It doesn't make it bad writing because she hasn't told them about the whole thing. Here's something realistic for you people don't always like talking about something that is traumatic for them. When Fran is ready she may talk about it. Heck I didn't tell people I was molested till like 10+ years of it happening.

Staff
Super Moderator
You said realistic. Just saying realistic is vague and most people are going to assume that you are expecting it to be realistic to our own plane of existance instead of the story. You then said authors making up stuff as they go along isn't good writing. Once again pretty vague. Guess what? I can't miss a point when you do not properly explain your point..

This is exactly what you said. "Though I agree that it should be realistic as possible unless stated otherwise. Authors making things up as they go isn't good writing. But the manga just doesn't have enough depth to expect it to stay realistic."

Why would they need to explain why different races exist? It's a fantasy world they just inhabit it. How do skills work? I remember the lady explaining that to Fran in the dungeon, same goes for magic. She got her wind magic by being in the wind naked. How do you gain more magic power? You immerse yourself more in that element, like standing in the wind naked. I can't remember the level system off the top of my head. Why does the amount of languages in the world matter? How many languages exist in our world? (don't use google either). In fact how many stories say how many langauges are in the world anyway?

No it never explained what the whole blue cat and black cat thing was about. Will they reveal that plot later it's quite possible. It doesn't make it bad writing because she hasn't told them about the whole thing. Here's something realistic for you people don't always like talking about something that is traumatic for them. When Fran is ready she may talk about it. Heck I didn't tell people I was molested till like 10+ years of it happening.
bruh

realistic =/= believable =/= worth getting invested in

You asked me
why does it need to be realistic
while I said
it should be realistic as possible
You said
The writing is fine it just sounds like you prefer something different
While I said
Authors making things up as they go isn't good writing
I didn't say it's bad writing, I just said it just doesn't have a lot of depth. Which means that the author is lazy. I want it to be worth my time.
These are major differences. It means you're missing my point.

bruh I have more important things do to. Of course there is stuff missing.
And why the fuck are you replying to every example of lazy writing? I wrote everything to make it clear that fantasy isn't an excuse for the author to make up bs as they go. Meanwhile you don't get it and try to justify everything the author has done. You probably don't even get why lots of people don't like isekai. It's because it's flooded with template stories that scream lazy writing. Duh.

Why would they need to explain why different races exist? It's a fantasy world they just inhabit it.
You're the reason why isekai is filled with so much trash.
She got her wind magic by being in the wind naked
You immerse yourself more in that element
"It just works" IS NOT AN EXPLANATION
Will they reveal that plot later it's quite possible.
cope

Thanks for wasting my time.
Heck I didn't tell people I was molested till like 10+ years of it happening.
hol up

bruh

realistic =/= believable =/= worth getting invested in

You asked me

while I said

You said

While I said

I didn't say it's bad writing, I just said it just doesn't have a lot of depth. Which means that the author is lazy. I want it to be worth my time.
These are major differences. It means you're missing my point.

bruh I have more important things do to. Of course there is stuff missing.
And why the fuck are you replying to every example of lazy writing? I wrote everything to make it clear that fantasy isn't an excuse for the author to make up bs as they go. Meanwhile you don't get it and try to justify everything the author has done. You probably don't even get why lots of people don't like isekai. It's because it's flooded with template stories that scream lazy writing. Duh.

You're the reason why isekai is filled with so much trash.

"It just works" IS NOT AN EXPLANATION

cope

Thanks for wasting my time.

hol up

You telling me you had more important stuff to do but wrote a half completed thought that could be misconstrued? I mean sure sounds like you're the lazy one here not taking a few extra seconds to add a little more substance to your original comment. Once again can't miss a point, that you never clearly made.

I responded to each to show that it's all been explained but I assume that your too busy and skimmed through it so maybe you didn't remember. I know why people don't get isekai, because everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Like I find starwars to be pretty bad but I'm not going to call it a not good movie.

Yes clearly because I read all isekai. Cool assumption there. While I do like having as much lore as they want to give, there's a lot of people who (just like you) don't have time to be reading all that extra fluff and want the action, romance, etc. etc. So once again I'll reiterate that just because you don't like it doesn't make it trash because your opinion is just your opininon and no better than mine or visa-versa.

Since I'm bored of this, now the only one who "wasted" their time was you. You never needed to respond back to begin with..

Yep just using my life experience on why someone may not want to disclose about something sensitive since I've been there.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh, this is a fantasy story......why it should be realistic again? Especially when a rabbit could beat a teleporting dragon with several roll of metal wire...

Yeah this arc started pretty low key, but trust me it'll be escalated quickly with a plot involved reidos trying something with Evil God again and a berserker who's "the fuck you're recruited him" is a legit question

Users who are viewing this thread