Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 13 Ch. 65 - Moon Over the City

Dex-chan lover
On a more serious note...

I kinda agree with the sentiments about this story arc. And I especially agree that this doesn't really make for a good cooking manga. But at the very least it looks like they're trying to keep it fresh with incidents where we get to see Fran channel The Goddamned Batman.

My advice for others that are bored with this arc would be to put this one on hold until the story arc finishes, and then just bumrush/skim through it once the new once starts.

As for me? I'll keep this story arc in reserve for some light reading when it's slow at work and I got nothing better to do.

Dex-chan lover
Where to start..
We can start with that he's a major antagonist. I will just quote the WN about his reason for being an antagonist.

So he's more than happy to cause major doomsday events as his main goal is to unseal the Evil God so he can become famous. He hasn't appeared all that much in the ~700 chapters I've read, but each time all hell breaks loose as they're related to pieces of the Evil God. There's so much that can be written about him and the events themselves, but for now this summary should be enough to see what a major asshole he is.
He have different names depending on translator as well. His name in LN is Zelyse.
Danke

Dex-chan lover
Actually, this arc is the start of search for the black cat evolution. It sets up big reveals that will be delivered in the next arc.
Okay. If it's setting up for THAT, then this will be very much more tolerable.

Dex-chan lover
Cooking Manga.... If it hasn't foodgasms where clothes explode it is NOT a foodie manga... :p

In Page 26, Fran be doing the pro gamer move in every RPG game called "Parkour".

Dex-chan lover
I'm kinda ove this arc, alot of the developments feels like asspulls (Yes I know this started as a novel, doesn't mean the novel didn't asspull). Either that or feels rather wheel spin.
Do you know any other criticisms, In the last week I've seen you accusing at least 5 other manga of asspulls.

Dex-chan lover
Do you know any other criticisms, In the last week I've seen you accusing at least 5 other manga of asspulls.
Yes but theres been a glut of bad and/or poorly thought out asspulls. This arc though clearly started as a cooking arc with an asshole getting in their way and then the author (The novel btw not the mangaka) I guess had a need to stretch it or something and just sorta throws the whole larger conspiracy ontop of it. Really it maybe have been better to just have the cooking arc finish then have the larger one happen afterwards?

Kinda feels off to have something bigger going down then suddenly Protags are worried/planning for a cooking comp in the middle of all of it.

Dex-chan lover
Yes but theres been a glut of bad and/or poorly thought out asspulls. This arc though clearly started as a cooking arc with an asshole getting in their way and then the author (The novel btw not the mangaka) I guess had a need to stretch it or something and just sorta throws the whole larger conspiracy ontop of it. Really it maybe have been better to just have the cooking arc finish then have the larger one happen afterwards?

Kinda feels off to have something bigger going down then suddenly Protags are worried/planning for a cooking comp in the middle of all of it.
Having any sort of competition protagonists compete in interrupted is a very common trope in anime and manga. At this point, I am more surprised to see a martial arts tournament that isn't interrupted by external forces.
Competitions going as expected are kind of boring. It's way more fun when somebody throws an angel-summoning orb in the middle. (that's a reference to another manga with a loli protagonist)

Dex-chan lover
Okay be honest now. Do you take a villain seriously when they talk in third person? Like you feel they're a threat. Because to me, that's a chuuni character.

Dex-chan lover
Okay be honest now. Do you take a villain seriously when they talk in third person? Like you feel they're a threat. Because to me, that's a chuuni character.
""A character who speaks in third person can be quite interesting" says Misaka", says Misaka.

But if a character says something like "You dare to challenge me? Me, ZXGHZX the Destroyer of Worlds? You sure got guts", that's just them being confident. They have about 30% chance of actually being as strong as advertised. It is especially likely if they have a name made of only consonants and can pronounce it.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine they're reaction to seeing masters human form 🤣 can't wait

Users who are viewing this thread