Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Ch. 107 - The Lightspeed Hero

Dex-chan lover
The difference on why there's more vocal peeps from EU is that there's a mindset of avoiding admitting you're from SEA because of how bad the image for SEA people has online.
A well-earned image.

It's also not just that, it's also because SEA readers paying to read manga? That's a laugh. Between SEA and EU readers, the former have a higher chance of treating manga as their 'right', rather than a product they have to at least do something to get.

Though in this case, I'll grant that K-manga is a pretty raw deal even for US readers. The business model is similar to readers in Japan, but that doesn't mean it makes sense for a global audience.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, and Europe is made up of Germany, France and Italy huh? The other 40+ countries are non-existant huh? Anyways, Dragonball might've been released in those countries back then, but today it's a different story and our problem is that THIS manga is not released in Europe...
Well technically those 3 countries represent 70 to 80% of the market.

Dex-chan lover
A well-earned image.

It's also not just that, it's also because SEA readers paying to read manga? That's a laugh. Between SEA and EU readers, the former have a higher chance of treating manga as their 'right', rather than a product they have to at least do something to get.

Though in this case, I'll grant that K-manga is a pretty raw deal even for US readers. The business model is similar to readers in Japan, but that doesn't mean it makes sense for a global audience.
Japanese execs are really set into the past and tradition and always doing the same old thing everywhere for everyone.

Just look at Nintendo.

Double-page supporter
Yeah, and Europe is made up of Germany, France and Italy huh? The other 40+ countries are non-existant huh? Anyways, Dragonball might've been released in those countries back then, but today it's a different story and our problem is that THIS manga is not released in Europe...
If you make broad statements, then get ready to receive equally broad replies. Now that I think of it, Spain should've gotten most of the translations as well, seeing as Panini did most of the work back then also operates in Spain. I think only the UK was the major country not receiving anything of that.
So if you exclude Spain Germany, Italy and France account for 45% of the EUs population if you include it then it's 2/3rds. You can't make sweeping statements that the EU is backwards when it comes to anime and manga, when about half of the population had access to quality material in their own language more than 20 years ago.

It gets even better: At least in Germany the public broadcasters were showing animes like Heidi and Wiki as early as the 70s! And by the 90s pretty much every major broadcaster had multiple anime in their catalogue and the Lipzig Book Fair, a convention dating back to the 15th century and second largest book fair in the country, spun off the largest convention with ~100000 visitors annually, along the other three major conventions which get between 30k and 40k visitors.

Your statement was just false and overly broad. Accept it.

Dex-chan lover
Japanese execs are really set into the past and tradition and always doing the same old thing everywhere for everyone.

Just look at Nintendo.
That's a very narrow pov. It is easy for outsiders to point at the caricature of Japanese execs as old doddering men who made their name during the economic boom of the 80s who can't change, and then correlate anything that they don't like with that image.

Frankly, they're not really different from any other country. You have old men, young men, forward thinking ones and backward thinking ones. One thing they might have few of are female execs, true.

The reality is more like Japan as a cloistered country culturally and linguistically, on the whole has difficulty matching up with the rest of the world. Whether that's positive or negative, or doesn't matter, depends on the topic. For just as many weird or unworkable ideas that Japan exports, foreign companies also fail to capture the needs and wants of Japanese consumers for the very same reason.

This manga app thing is an apt example. in context, you're implying its some old business model, but its comparatively new even in Japan.

And look at Nintendo indeed. I mean really. You think that's a company mired in the past? Objectively speaking, their business practices have drastically changed in every decade they've been in business. That doesn't mean they're perfect, but it also doesn't mean their faults lie in this direction, or that they don't have good reasons for sticking to their existing practices.

I recognize the irony of pointing this out while I paint SEA people broadly as irredeemable pirates. But when SEA produces things that are of interest to me and the global market, then maybe I'll change my mind. Conversely, you can complain that Japan does things differently and that's a problem, even if it's not because of bad execs. But that same sense of distance and distinction is a big reason manga is so compelling, it's exotic, contrarian and diverse, essentially less diluted and conformed by globalization. You can't have it both ways.

Dex-chan lover
does k manga work for you? I tried using my surfshark VPN on my PC and phone and in both cases, the app and site said that I am region-locked even when I set my VPN for US.
I’ll check it out later, I don’t normally look at other websites for my manga

Group Leader
our problem is that THIS manga is not released in Europe...
Technically this specific comic is officially licensed in some european countries. If anything, the issue is that it is published only in physical volumes while K-manga is a digital release simultaneous with Japan, so anyone not living in north America has to wait months before reading chapter 107.

Dex-chan lover
Uploader should've also used Masayuki or lightspeed hero just like the chapter title as username.
Saving us from KM's terror.

Like man, Veldora's sisters are really hot, specially this one

Edit: chapter finally got nuked, it was nice while it lasted

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter. Got to be hilarious becoming a hero through misunderstands and you just end up a true hero accidentally 😂

Dex-chan lover
If you make broad statements, then get ready to receive equally broad replies. Now that I think of it, Spain should've gotten most of the translations as well, seeing as Panini did most of the work back then also operates in Spain. I think only the UK was the major country not receiving anything of that.
So if you exclude Spain Germany, Italy and France account for 45% of the EUs population if you include it then it's 2/3rds. You can't make sweeping statements that the EU is backwards when it comes to anime and manga, when about half of the population had access to quality material in their own language more than 20 years ago.

It gets even better: At least in Germany the public broadcasters were showing animes like Heidi and Wiki as early as the 70s! And by the 90s pretty much every major broadcaster had multiple anime in their catalogue and the Lipzig Book Fair, a convention dating back to the 15th century and second largest book fair in the country, spun off the largest convention with ~100000 visitors annually, along the other three major conventions which get between 30k and 40k visitors.

Your statement was just false and overly broad. Accept it.
I love how he casually forgets that France is the second biggest markets for Manga after Japan (and I mean Manga not locally produced Chinese and Korean Manhwas which are very big in their own markets too).

Power Uploader
Slime is a loophole created by Fuze. Fuze is like "Oh man, I want to write multiple different stories and scenarios but I don't want to manage more than one series! What shall I do? Eureka! That's it! I should make one series where I write multiple different perspectives just for the fuck of it!"

You know which other series does that? One Punch Man, Classroom of the Elite. And you know the difference? Both of those series have good side characters.

Every character in TenSura exists to jerk off Rimuru's slimy peen and Fuze wants me to think that these are all interesting characters that I will want to learn more about.

What happened to Rimuru? Oh, he's just doing Rimuru things in Rimuru kingdom. Today, we'll see Youm's heroic adventures in foulmouth kingdom! And the next chapter, we'll take a quick glance at the new hero of our story Masayuki Fuckerton and his harem of 9000 virgins.

Dex-chan lover
Not Tempest release, I advise to wait for the proper release.
Read last chapter comments. They dropped it.

Thanks to the new guys picking it up! The new name for Myourmiles is bugging me, though, lmao. I assume it's what the official translation did, or something silly/dumb like that?

Users who are viewing this thread