Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 12 Ch. 55 - The Natural Enemy of Monsters

Double-page supporter
I'm gonna try to continue reading even though such a terrible character appeared.

A character being insanely powerfull, but not being able to reason is so unsatisfying.

Nice one, pushing your sense of justice to someone who doesn't even want it in the first place, and also being aware of that makes it even worse. Fuck, I hope this girl gets slapped really hard, it wouldn't be satisfying otherwise. God, I hate unreasonable OP characters like these idiots.

Fed-Kun's army
@bobVerge Yeah this was really disappointing, since he's basically described as going total-grey-goo-scenario on the entire area after releasing control in the WN. I was quite looking forward to seeing that.

To those complaining about the unreasonableness of Hinata I ask, is that not the point of her character? She's been indoctrinated to hate all monsters, she's been set up as distant from even those closest to her. She's like an anti-vaccer but anti-monster, in a world where monsters seem more reasonable than humanity.

@bobVerge @Variousletters I agree, this artistic change for the manga adaptation is really disappointing.
Heck, it even doesn't make sense based on how Rimuru's Gluttony ability works. He can only consciously use Mimicry. Making a Chimera-like body isn't something possible without the soul willing it. But the body no longer had a soul prior to it transforming here. That doesn't make sense.
It was supposed to become a real ooze, the like of the absolutely terrifying ones seen in D&D(for example). An gooey mass that keeps on shifting shape, devouring and dissolving everything on it path, growing ever stronger the more mass it accumulates. THAT is worthy of being disintegrated to keep it from becoming a bigger threat.
A mere chimera-like body while it's in a Holy Field? That's not even a threat compared to the Ooze.
And even more importantly, the Ooze devouring Hinata's soul attack rainbow sword was done off panel! It absorbed and dissolved a super high tier weapon like it's nothing. (also meaning that Great Sage has now analyzed the properties of that sword)

Dex-chan lover
So one of the biggest conflicts appeared and an ass character that is.

While I haven't read the LN, I hope she got bitch slapped really had that he begs rimuru for mercy.

Dex-chan lover
@Boomburst Why would they be? Some humans are in alliance with Rimuru's nation as well, and they're not monsters either, just accomplices. So likewise, dwarves=accomplices, but not monsters themselves.

Hinata has her reasons due to doctrine.

That doesn't make her less of a dick tho.

yes i know his troops literally screws hinata's troops afterwards, and then return them to their original healthy state, aside from the shame and trauma of being asskicked from port to starboard.
And the fact rimuru gave her a pass afterwards scot free, doesn't sit well with me.
And yes i also know that she didn't get freed "for free" either that rimuru demands her to go back and talk some sense into those religious asshats that they aren't monsters but demi-humans.

Really wanna know what happen next. I don't read LN/WN version, but I hope they release their manga once a week

@Scrabbleman This chapter contains the last part of the last chapter of LN volume 4 as well as some of the beginning of LN volume 5. LN volume 5's English translation(the official one being the only one) will be released on April 23rd, if I remember correctly.
If you mean the web novel, then I recommend you to start from chapter 65.
Here's a link to the site of the translator:
http://gurotranslation.blogspot.com/p/ioduction.html

Some of the chapters were done by a different translator(Clown), but her site no longer exist, so to read the web novel chapters that she translated you're going to need to download the PDF, which can be found in the page I've linked above.

@Anonymous24 This manga adaptation only releases chapters monthly. Sometimes they release two chapters a month, but that is rare and it was only done in the past few months because they wanted to keep the manga ahead of the anime.
So expect 1 chapter per month.

Aggregator gang
Ln is about vol 4, vol 5 will be released in English in the end of month

god i hate storys that just pull a mary sue out of there ass when they make there mc to strong

Users who are viewing this thread