Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 17 Ch. 77 - Eve of Battle

Correct me if I'm wrong but for the banquet, didn't Rimuru bring
Shuna and Veldora in the WN instead?
I know this follows the LN. It was just a vague memory that triggered when I read this chapter.
It's been a long time so I don't remember much...

Fed-Kun's army
@Ringz no. He always
brought Shion (he beat up one of demon lord's sons and thus made them her servants).
Also, pretty sure doggo came too.

I think that you are thinking of the
Western Council meeting where Rimuru brought Shuna

@Stalkerman there is only mentions in different adaptations (the 4-koma). They are just like rare, shiny pokemon pretty much, and that's the joke. Ramiris is also surprised because Zegion is
a special spiritual being--as you evolve further as monsters, it seems they take more of a spiritual form

Dex-chan lover
woow, seeing this and only knowing the webnovel
this time it realy feels like somestuff is out of the order^^
but well we will see, new stuff enjoy yeah
also i think it was veldora on his side, cause wasnt vampire lady the whole time pissed at them? and yes shion was there to beat up the 3 sons or so that disrespected them

Dex-chan lover
@Lightbrand yeah, sure... A powerful slime that for some reason really likes humans, was born with stupidly OP skills, and does stuff that no other monster would EVER do, like naming every single one of their subordinates.

If you take that away from him, his entire character falls apart. Besides, why should it need to serve a purpose at all times during the story? It's not like the reincarnation thing had no point from the start, so I don't understand why it's a problem now.

Web novel, light novel, manga (including spin-offs), and the anime. I read the web novel, so seeing how they changed things is both interesting and confusing. Haha.

Fed-Kun's army
OMG Zegion and Apito too CUTE! If I didn't know their true power...
Zegion will be Rimuru's strongest subordinate

@reading_for_noobz you can read the light novels for free. i think it was on the tensura subreddit? i dont remember exactly where it was but they have up to volume 11 translated

I cant remember when Rimuru had these beetle and wasp as subordinates in the manga.. Is this the first time they appeared here?

Dex-chan lover
To those that think nothing happened this chapter: the LN goes into incredible detail on every single one of these scenes, but this manga chapter does an outstanding job of delivering all of the neccessary information in way more natural flowing manner. They even cut out Rimuru, Shuna and Benimarus entire conversation except for the end. Reading the LN made me realize just how fantastic of an adaptation this manga is, the flow of the story and the emotional impact of certain scenes is even better here than in the source material sometimes.

If you are a detail goblin lile me it's definitely worth reading the LN too, but the manga does an outstanding job cutting down on the frankly unneccessary level of detail its source material goes into. Plus the fighting looks absolitely sick AF.

Dex-chan lover
@reading_for_noobz well they do have to change it to make it more marketable and readable. Harder to make money on something that can 100% legally be accessed.

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax That's not why it's different, according to Fuze he tries his hardest to stick to the plot of the WN but he just can't stop writing MORE and with everything added the story refuses to stay the same.

Group Leader
@Flavor25

it's canon, they skip the scene when Rimuru meet Zegion and Apito that got injured. So Rimuru heals them with his slime cell, give a name for them, and then give an Order to make Honey.

Zegion will be one of twelve Rimuru's special Patron, and become stupidly op as hell, after get humanoid body from his evolution

Users who are viewing this thread