Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

@IAzura @TsmAshyToez and @so many others!!!!

Just google (or search engine of your choice) it :)

Its LEGALLY free to find online on so many sites. Just type in "read Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken webnovel" and boom! you got it. Really, really, reeeeeeeally easy to find.

Be aware though that the Webnovel is pretty different from this manga version. If you want the Lightnovel (aka the "true" version of the story - the one this manga and the anime follow) while I know that there are sites that have it for free as well... its cooler if you bought it on https://global.bookwalker.jp or other LEGAL sites. Its not very expensive (6-8 dollars per volume) and you even get points that add up for some free books every now and again.

Cheers!

Dex-chan lover
@Jdsgamer
Season 2 only just started. Pretty dumb to judge the entire season based off 4 episodes. More importantly, the first episodes were necessary to catch up on what was skipped in S1. They did a pretty good job fitting all of that into 4 episodes. People don't bother enough to do their own research before jumping to conclusions, but S1 from orc lord and further was rushed because the anime committee forced the author and studio to make the ending at only one season. But at around episode 20-22 they changed their mind after seeing how successful it was and decided to greenlight a second season. This fucked up everything, obviously, and the studio and author had to quickly rewrite the entire ending episode to make way for the very last-minute decision to make a S2. This is the reason why they had to "recap" in S2, and the reason S1 from orc lord further felt rushed, because it was.

Idk if it's because I haven't finished the novel but
I don't remember Benimaru having his own battle during Walpulgris?

@Daelyas it sure looked like it, I looked a novel updates and saw that that was the case. But it reviews also said that the WN was a better version so I'll probably won't read the LN LOL

@EverlastingRyo

Thats odd... The WN, while not bad, is kind of a mess. Lots of pointless plot threads going nowhere, a super bloated "tournament arc" and also some insane broken power system (even the LN gets really out of hand power wise later on the line imo) ...

The ratio of people preferring LN over WN I have talked to has been over 90% pro LN.

@Daelyas is that so? I guess I have to read it to find out but... I'm so cramped with novels and mangas that I want to read 😭 much so that sometimes I even wish that a day last more than 24hrs LOL 🤣🤣🤣

I am posting this again if someone has any confusion between LN & WN

lets get the confusion out of the way
this manga is based on the LN (Light Novel) which is the more fleshed out version of the WN(Web Novel) with filled plotholes and better character introduction. The LN is a book type story with 17 books/volumes released as of now and volume 18 will release in march.
it is officially translated by yen press and first 9 volumes are translated and volume 10,11 are fan translated on tensurafan.blog website.

The Web Novel is the first version of the story which started on 20th feb ,2013 and is since been completed as of 1st jan,2016.
It is a chapter based story with around 400 chapters. the web novel did not have some characters that are in LN and Manga , such as karrion's three beastmen. the story had many loopholes . and characters were unbelievabely broken. the WN did not introduce apito, zegion
adalman, nine head, albert
till much later on when the action start in
Empire War Arc

the manga and anime are following the LN. and if somebody wants proof i have all volumes of LN including official translation and fan translation till volume 16. the web novel all chapters, all released manga chapters till 78. all anime episode till season 2 episode 3.

Dex-chan lover
Can anybody tell me around which chapter the season 2 of the anime is ? And am I missing much if I don’t read from the start?

Power Uploader
One thing I don't get, if Benimaru is so OP then why doesn't he alone take on the entire army? He has the power to do so, and it would make more sense. I just want more Rimuru scenes god dang it.

Group Leader
@Arin-san
Well, first, it's beastmen country and their battle (beastketeers made him a commander), while Rimuru's army is helping them.
Second, seems they haven't mentioned it here (yet), that Rimuru wants to take Clayman's army prisoner to rebuild Yuurazania, and if Benimaru fought them, then he'll have betrayed beastmen trust and killed off everyone with his OPness.

Power Uploader
@Flaemes Couldn't Benimaru, Souei or Hakurou just apprehend all of Clayman's army? And I've read the LN, I'm just asking this question in general. It just seems kind of useless how Benimaru and the other Kijins could whoop all of their asses but I have to see Gabiru and Geld fight for like 2 chapters.

Group Leader
@Arin-san
Ah well, in that case all I can say is, author's gotta show character development for all of them, since only ever seeing how the same characters smash everyone going to be boring, don't you think? For example, Overlord faces similar problem with its cast, only that Rimuru's one is ever growing.
Also, this way shows camaraderie between characters, which is main theme in most shounen-geared entertainment.
But yes, author could totally do what you suggest, agree here.

Power Uploader
@Flaemes Well, Gabiru and Geld are like minor-minor-minor characters, I don't think that they in particular need any special character development. One thing I love about Tensura is how it makes its side characters likeable, like Benimaru, Souei, Shion, Shuna, Hakurou, Gobta, everyone else. But sometimes they decide that they need to dedicate an entire chapter to the most minor-est character like Gabiru, if they waste so much time on the side characters, people are going to start hating on them. It'll turn out to be like One Punch Man (It's slowly turning into OPM) where the MC pops out every now and then and all other chapters are for other heroes. I don't want Tensura to be completely like OPM.

Fed-Kun's army
@Arin-san
I don't really mind it. In OPM's case, it's a very deliberate thing, Saitama as a character is a one-trick pony who doesn't really have much room for development, but his main purpose is to serve as a catalyst for all the other characters to grow in response to him shaking up the norms.
This manga has also become very much about the side characters. Not as much as in OPM's case because our protagonist still has plenty of room for growth and has a lot of plot stuff going on, but the development of Tempest itself and the people living there is a huge focus, so I would actually be happy to have a few chapters here and there focusing on absolute Villager A-tier nobodies.

I do hate the focus on Gabiru, but that's only because I hate him as a character specifically, plus I think all the lizard-dragon-people look fucking stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread