Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

@Arcodex
Just like any other manga/manhua/webnovel/anime, this webnovel has its ups & downs. Personally, I believe that there are more good points than bad ones. (The characters, more often than not, tend to be bland in most webnovels to begin with so you really shouldn't count that against them)

Aggregator gang
since a lot of people hyping up the current arc, might as well read it until at least this arc's finale..

This is a damn good isekai. At first I thought it was another boring "let's hold hands and all live in peace" protagonist who convert enemies into friends with talk no jutsu . I'm glad he proved me wrong. Even though his analysis skill is super OP the progression isn't crazy fast like in I'm a spider~. I like the world/kingdom building aspect with various factions in conflict and in the novel it's quite detailed. Overall, it gets an 8 from me for its diverse characters and balance between fighting, humor, and political intrigues.

@minecraftRPG12
“The characters, more often than not, tend to be bland in most webnovels to begin with so you really shouldn't count that against them” - I’m sorry, but WAT. That’s ridiculous. I should totally hold that against them, because it means those web novels are sub-par. I get the concept of a bland self-insert character, but that’s still bad writing.

Dex-chan lover
While I like this, I’m surprised the score is pretty high. I’ve heard this shitted by people quite often.

I thought that this would be just a generic isekai with a typical OP MC with cliche plot and weak world building, this on the other hand grew into something huge.
Too bad I binged it and now I have to suffer as I wait for the new chapters.

It looks like the first episode of the anime (I mean 2nd season)is ok but I'm sad. It starts with very nice fight and then end before the outcome of it. I know what happens but animated is different story.

@HayashidaYuki I would be surprised if there's an isekai that isn't shitted.

@Sakerrrr slime LN has one picture for each chapter, so on 1 volume usually there are 4-5 pictures if that's what you call an illustration.

@minecraftRPG12
The characters, more often than not, tend to be bland in most webnovels to begin with so you really shouldn't count that against them
no, it's the way the author dragged out simple situation by adding unnecessary words or actions which didn't actually contribute to anything just to prolong their chapter, not the blandness of the characters.
you know, if you read the light novel
rimuru kicks clayman's ass at walpurgis, such simple situation became worthy of one whole chapter just to describe every nook and cranny in details at how rimuru accentually flung his ankle at proportional speed and positioned his foot following a proper trajectory into clayman's posterior coincided with the holding of tea party attended by fellow evil monarch hosted by the oldest demon that represent color red
man, I got tired reading it.

@rizal12345
Did you not see my comment to arcodex stating: "I meant that they tend to be more bland than their LN counterparts."?
That sentence alone should tell you that I have in fact read the LN. (In order to say that sentence, you would first have to read both the LN and the Webnovel/Manhua/Webcomic/whatever you want to call it.).

but to explain what I meant even further:
the LN's have more backstory/add more to a characters personality due to them being so detailed, The mangas and webnovels are not able to give us as much of a characters personality due to the pages being mostly images/pictures with a small amount of words. when it comes to the anime's version of characters, they tend to be in between those two when it comes to the intensity of their personalities and on how much backstory/background information is given on them.

so in other words, from the blandest (furthest left) to the most detailed/compex (furthest right):
webnovel/manga (>) anime (>) Light novel [LN]

@minecraftRPG12
The wn isn't much different from the LN and currently has more chapters than the LN. I agree though the characters a pretty shit overall, honestly I liked the manga for the first 30ish chapters but it quickly fell apart from there.

Other than being a cute slime, the author doesn't do anything particularly well. Main characters are shallow, villains even more shallow and generic.
Yuukis villain arc was painful to read. That shit was straight up boring and it took me over a month to read past it. When the author did his take on why hes a villain, all i could think is ffffuuuuuccckkkk that is so boring. Even the joker had a purpose for his chaos.
I was hoping the world building would at least be good, but you get very little of it for a story with nation building. The comedy is also lack luster as well. I am not sure why it has that tag, there are few jokes/gags. Just observations followed by "its not my problem" or "if you mention it you lose". Author sets the MC up often for the quickest way for peace would be to just kill his enemies, but then takes the route of "oh we can be friends if we try". Rarely does he take lethal action which could have ended a quite a number of issues he was fully aware of. But hey, we are all friends that love each other at the end of the day right? RIGHT?

@HayashidaYuki like Shingeki no Kyojin, this one hit mainstream too and I have no idea what makes people think its great. Its okay at best.

Users who are viewing this thread