Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
Will be interesting to see how the fire child tells the story and what Tseleng's motivation and goals are.
I'm rather interested in that myself. MC has great faith in the benevolence of the wind spirits though, so I wonder if her motivations have as diabolical inclinations as the other tribe, or if this is just smug satisfaction at retribution for her father, and smacking down the annoying old men of her own tribe, who have no doubt been endlessly prattling about what they think she should do. For the time being, Balm's forces are depleted. So they won't be doing anything anytime soon I'd say, just because they lack the ability to act in force.

Dex-chan lover
Just like the old bitter men in our world, their desired method of conflict resolution is utter annihilation of the opposing party.
The young ones will bear the burden of retaliation and eventually fall to the same spiral of anger and hatred. Ugh, humans.
The able bodied men were already killed by Dahlia, that's why the old men are in charge. All Balm has left are the old guys too old to fight and the young ones too young to fight.

Dex-chan lover
In every world and in every age there are people with no right to do so demanding things of others and then getting angry when they're told to piss off.

c24ANDU.jpg

Yup, makes no sense why those old guys would be so angry at Dahlia that they demand Aesir kill them all.

Dex-chan lover
everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked...

yeah need to hear story from both side now
I'm sure the kid will have something to say. Shortly after I posted my last comment, it occurred to me that the fire user from Dahlia could also have been pushed around by the elders of his tribe. I see this as one of two warring tribes, one of which is obviously aggressive, who were reliant on swords and bows suddenly found themselves in possession of an artillery gun. Since they initiated the war, the younger and able-bodied warriors and tribe officials would've had more backing amongst themselves, making it impossible for a child to refuse their wishes despite his powers, e.g., threatening members of the boy's family, or the family themselves could've been exerting their influence on him, and pressured him into joining the fight.
Yup, makes no sense why those old guys would be so angry at Dahlia that they demand Aesir kill them all.
More to the point, it makes no sense for them to believe that anyone would simply comply with their demands just because they were the oldest members of the tribe, and they bark. Aesir touched on it, that it seemed they were using their seniority to throw their weight around, because they believed it gave them clout and the right to talk down to others as if they were there to serve them. Like the man said, they're welcome to come up with solutions, or do the deed themselves.

Dex-chan lover
Something feels off 👀
Oh something is absolutely off with this entire situation. Not only do we know we only have half the story but I think that half of the story isn't even half-true. Something makes me think that the elders killed their prior leader or that they started the conflict with Dahlia. Not that Dahlia is even remotely innocent considering their extreme actions...I've got suspicions on how these two kids have these 'divine powers' as well.

Dex-chan lover
GG EZ

First time I actually heard about Marteena's combat prowess, but I guess it does make sense since they managed to die on their bed as a former adventurer.

Also fuck it let's just kill those boomers, typical old men with "You should listen to your elder" mentality would just ruin the management of a community.

Dex-chan lover
Getting caught up with tribal rivalry. It's such a hassle. I hope they won't test MC's patience, because he is perfectly capable of wiping both tribes off the map.

Dex-chan lover
I love the uno reversal of the "I MAKE THE RULES BC AM OLD". Well kiddos, you're talking to a man over three times your age.

GOOD LUCK pulling that silly trick lmao.

Very curious to see how this gets resolved though, i see some foreshadowing towards him maybe teaching both kids but maybe could also simply knee cap the fire nation so it at least isnt completely gutting all surrounding settlements in the near future.
Would be VERY ironic if him training both kids ends up with them marrying, the very outcome the wind girl's father wanted to avoid lol

Dex-chan lover
The older you get, the more you realize that problems are better solved COMPLETELY…and that the best way to solve a SENTIENT problem is usually by completely annihilating it. After all, no one wants a round 2 with a G,right?
Someone need to read Ender's Game ;)

More like: the older you get, the lazier you get and the less optimal but easier option sounds better and better.

Dex-chan lover
Also fuck it let's just kill those boomers, typical old men with "You should listen to your elder" mentality would just ruin the management of a community.
Ah, yes..... Kill everything/anyone you don't like, because you can't have things your way...
Oh dear... The Voice of Youth... :rolleyes:

That said... This lot looks like they're the "Traditional" type, given their constant nattering about the One True Way and their pushing for the eradication of the Foul New Way.
They may have had a voice, but no actual power before the tribal massacre, and now suddenly have because they're the only ones left.
Gods save us from the overly zealous types... They can't see anything except through their blinkers.

But this situation does make you wonder.. What happened to the Elders that were actuallly sane and actually grew some Wisdom in their years?
I can imagine the proper Elder males being present at the tribal moot as Council and being massacred as well.
But a tribe like that, as "patriarchal" as they are, should also have a fair amount of very formidable Grandmothers with their own ways of dealing with obstinate males.
And we're seeing nothing of them...

Something is not right here..

Users who are viewing this thread