Tenseishita Daiseijo wa, Seijo Dearu Koto wo Hitakakusu: A Tale of The Great Saint

Can't believe it's been over 5 years and Loli Mamoritai still doesn't have a proofreader. Wonder if they'll ever get tired of people dropping the manga they scanlate because they can't bear their translations.

@HDMI1 and @bassgs, Loli Mamoritai has actually been translating this for a while, they just haven't posted to mangadex. No idea why they decided to start now. They posted chapter 1 to their website back on May 11th.

Fed-Kun's army
It might just be the bad translation, but this reads like it was written by someone in her early teens. The characters' internal logic and the comedic timing have that feel to them.

Thank you so much!! I'm already in love with the story and can't wait for more! About to look for some spoilers x3

P.S: Huh? The translation looks fine to me from chapter 1-7.. I'm still immersed in the story.

Thank you for the hardwork!^^

Dex-chan lover
@WhoCares More than likely the translation. Loli Mamoritai has issues with English. I don't believe it is their first language and they don't have anyone to actually proof read or check the grammar, other than the community.
The same goes for pretty much every other translations they do, be it other manga or web novels.

male mc being murdered by his friends : just you wait i'll slaughter you and rape you and make you my slaves along with your family also all women are THOTS
female mc left to be tortured then killed : huh ? what's revenge ?? is it handsome

@Kuroiikawa
Well I think it's a one person group not looking to expand, so I doubt there will be a proofreader ever. But the translation sometimes gets updated based on advise in the comment section.

@me474
Not that much to take revenge on. Her awful brothers died 300 years ago. She got some idiots as brothers as well, but she already humiliated them.
Do notice that the male MCs almost never take revenge on the descendants either. Plus there's no shortage of female MCs being as edgy as male ones.

@Isekaijin
Well they almost never take revenge on the distant descendants. There are some stories where the direct descendants (children sometimes grand-children) got involved in the revenge plots.
Usually this only happens when these were shown to be at least also assholes, but every now and than it hits some completely innocent descendant especially if moral ambiguity is desired by the author.

@nroejb LM has been around long enough to have had numerous complaints lodged over the years. Any hope for a proofreader at this point is a lost cause, but it's still irritating all the same. On pretty much every one of their projects dating back to the Batoto days, people have been begging for LM to get some sort of PR while others just drop the manga stating they'll wait for a proper chapter to be released before picking it back up. Idk if it's pride or laziness that prevents them from finding someone to help them with English, especially since they themselves say "I'd love it if you critize, point out my mistake for me to fix, It look like a teacher / parents give out advice for me." It's not the readers' job to do the second half of translation for them.

@Isekaijin
there was a story about a hero who got sentenced to death despite being innocent and there was this guy who killed his mother and the hero killed him along with his kids and wife after forcing them to be cannibals
there was also another hero who got betrayed by his classmates and used that as an excuse to turn the native girls into his sex slaves by his special skill along with the class rep who often defended him
there was a one about the spear hero from shield hero who began to see every woman as a pigs even little girls included because his harem betrayed him
and let's not forget about the hero who got sentenced to death and became a demon lord to kill all the filthy humans innocent villagers included

@TetraSky
Not only do they have issues with english they have in the past outright skipped portions of text they couldn't figure out and published it as is.
It's a bit too bad as they are clearly vary passionate about the things they translate and do enjoy the stories but give little respect for the Author and readers for how poor quality they tend to be handled, even more so when they put out of place Tl notes with heavy spoilers for the entire arc in plaintext.

@me474
The target demographic is young females, who generally don't like gore, harem, sexual violence, etc. Authors are just pandering to specific subgroups of manga readers.

Ppl complain about the lack of a proff reader and here i am, an idiot who read google translated manhwas/lightnovels in the old days before they became popular and properly translated, now that was enoying.

This is ok, yes it could be better .
Story is good and the light comedy is sweet, im so tired of all the dark revange and over sexuall harem bullshit.
Recommended highly ,unless you are a grammar nazi

@Danielesq: it isn't that much about being uptight about grammar but more about having incomprehensible language. Sure, you can guess the meaning at places, in other places not. Written word has content (meaning) and expression (metaphors): throwing words together and hoping that it makes sense does not translate either one properly. It isn't about changing into idioms used in another language, those could be explained in footnotes, but having meaningful sentences where content and expression match the intent of the original writer. If it does not match it feels just painful to read poor translation.

@ yeonha
It's true that they pander to the audiance, and maybe the lack of boundless revenge fantasies really is just that the target demographic for this just aren't weird sickos.
On the other hand manga often also have the goal of reader manipulation, so it's also possible that there's more to the large number of inappropriately exaggerated acts of vengeance stories.

is no one else angry she's just chill? Like they abandoned her and she's like okay cool. I wanted her to like take revenge somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread