Territory of a Shark Girl - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - Shark 8

Dex-chan lover
Sad to see this one go.

And while it's true the basic premise wasn't really original (like hundred thousand of others) it was done and developed better than most.

Big F. Japan's notoriously shit taste strikes again (and the notoriously shit "IF THE FIRST VOLUME OR TWO DON'T SELL GORILLIONS, THIS SHIT IS DONE!!" manga industry mentality.) I think I've read and enjoyed nearly more axed or rushed manga than manga that made it to its natural (usually elongated for maximum stonks) conclusion—and it's almost always romance, or romance-lite manga, with comedy, rarely action.

Dex-chan lover
LV-Axe-icon-Cullingblade.png

This wasn't an ending, they just made the author stop at a random chapter. Axed ending at usually have a rushed time skip to show how the characters wound up.

Dex-chan lover
Japanese tastes are of course different from those of other cultures, so it's not a surprise that a series could have a lot of appeal to Western readers yet fail in the Japanese market.

What Westerners can do is [1] buy copies of licensed translations of those series that they do like and [2] agitate for Western publishers to license work earlier in its production.

If a Western publisher had already bought into this series, then not only would the Japanese publisher be more likely to keep it going but even if no Japanese publisher would it might still be continued exactly for a foreign audience.

But you have no positive effect if you're not a customer.

Dex-chan lover
Nice chapter. Too bad it is ending...
Hope the author find some way to keep it alive on twiter...

Fed-Kun's army
axed, almost like this stuff isn't as popular as people on r/manga or on here make it out to be. And on places with more general western audiences, like MAL, mangaupdates and so on, you see how many of these types of romance manga ppl at r/manga and here fawn over, are low rated and not that liked.

though I do love the irony when people defend these manga or those twitter ones and act sad on axing and blame "damn those Japanese readers with shit tastes" yet aren't actually buying the volumes to support the author cause 99% read all this stuff for free xD

@shoker agreed, the axing of this one is very understandable, very generic manga premise of “generic mc boy talks to misunderstood delinquent” despite the good art

Dex-chan lover
The manga is alright. I don't think it deserves to get axed but oh well. Hopefully the author continue it through twitter or something.

https://twitter.com/raku_raku authors twitter in case anyone was looking for it. Anyway thanks for translating til the end, i thought it was cute sad it got axed so suddenly.

Dex-chan lover
Congratulations on your volume release! By the way, we won't release any more chapters...

@Memnon yes, Koisuru Yankee Girl was the one I was thinking of. No updates for 7 months, no wonder I'd forgotten the title.

Users who are viewing this thread