Territory of a Shark Girl

Dex-chan lover
@ongeki Not really. The way the skirt would have been worn by grandma was higher up on the true waist, not the hip. This would be where the ribs end right below the base of the breasts. Picture the Taisho-era girls' school uniform but with the skirt worn inside.

https://www.nippon.com/en/ncommon/contents/column/80771/80771.jpg

The shirt would have been worn so that the bottom reached the hips, overlapping a significant portion of the skirt. In this case it only reaches her navel.

https://www.oldphotosjapan.com/images/101.jpg

Basically, Shark Girl is wearing the uniform all wrong and sexy and she probably shortened the arms. We can posit that grandma would have been at least an entire torso shorter than her if we shorten the torso so the shirt could reach the hips and shorten the legs by one lower torso length.

Please keep the translations coming, thank you. I want to see where this relationship goes

As at least one other person here has said (probably more, but I just skimmed the comments): the concept is nothing new, but somehow, it still feels fresh in how it's presented. I feel like the art style used goes a fair way towards creating that freshness too, but in ways my vocabulary isn't expansive enough to articulate. All said, good read, and thank you to the translator for bringing this to MangaDex; I hope you'll continue to do more if no one else picks it up.

At her age, her granny would have been in school in the Sukeban era. Long skirt and short top were girl gang fashion in the 70's.

Dex-chan lover
@Flavor25 and it about super hero shark girl who punch giants monster with shark head gloves so

Contributor
Why do the guys in these series always have to be so very short?
Are there any with a tall girl but matched by a taller guy MC?

Users who are viewing this thread