Terror Man

Why does every webtoon make South Korea look like a living hell filled with the most soulless unempathetic drones?

Also, Trigger Warning: "If you kill them, then you'll be just like them" trope HEAVILY used

Honestly, it's a fun story, but the BS really ruins every single dramatic moment. You pretty much know there's a 90% chance nothing is going to happen, even if the good guy has a gun in the mouth of the bad gun and is literally 1 second away, NOPE, magic escape, always, over and over and over and over! I didn't describe an actual scene, but honestly it'd be hard to tell the difference between the actual scenes. The author tries to force too many "encounters" but doesn't know what to do with the encounters beyond drawing "scary faces" and a bit of exposition.

It does move on a bit faster later, but powering through that is tough

Group Leader
@primsul yeah, this is the unfortunate consequence of the super string multiverse. Since the author had to make up why Jungwoo did those thing in Distant sky, he had to make Jung woo a very just personality. The author mentions the frustrations of doing so,

B.U.T

This also sets up a good idealogy divergence from revival man(who justs smashes anything that gets in his path, kills anyone he needs too), giving a great and interesting reason for the fight of the upcoming webtoon of revival man vs terror man

Dex-chan lover
Just wanted to say, that I had to drop this by chapter 20. Felt like I got exhausted by chapter 7.
This is just a clusterfuck of an interesting idea that was pulled down by a generic MC that was thrown everything at him for him to go down the route the author forced on him.
The MC behaves like an "average highschool boy", yet he's filthy rich, and somehow nobody mentions that ever.
The MC has a very interesting ability that has him feel responsible to prevent catastrophe, but the story escalates so quickly that the MC has no idea how to handle anything, and ends up getting dragged around and being an overall liability to the story.

Essentially, the author wanted a Batman. Someone special with all the resources in world to invest into their desires nonsensically, and be heroic enough to dedicate their life to be an anti-hero who saves people, even if society denies him his role.
What I ended up seeing, is a scared little boy who wants to help people who ends up dealing with shit that's way, WAAYYY over his head, and ends up being constantly rescued by female-batman instead. Why can't she just be the MC? FFS, stories don't need a token shounen-MC to work. If you want a batman-story, just have a fucking Batman protagonist. If you want to turn a regular person into a hero, actually let them mature instead of throwing a fucking conspiracy-group on top of them at the first few chapters of the god damn story.

This author is the king of interesting ideas, with shit-all execution.
And even though I consider this group's work to be above average, I can't recall the last time a comic made me so enraged. I'm getting too old for this shit.

EDIT:
I feel like I didn't convey enough just how fucking angry this story has made me. This is a story that on all accounts, should be interesting.
But the author just HAD to choose an MC that couldn't handle the plot he had written, so we got stuck with a shit-for-piss-brains idiot that only drags the story down. I just don't fucking understand it. How can a group of people be so talented to write up so much, and draw so nicely, yet be so fucking stupid with their decision-making?
Do you guys understand now how irrationally upset this entire group has made me? I'm getting the fuck out of here.

Dex-chan lover
@primsul : the instances of "if you kill them you are just like them" aren't that bad in this manhwa because it never JUST that. The first time it's because killing risk to be a too important trauma to the MC, second is that letting the bad guy live is more helpful for the MC than killing him for revenge.
What's good too is this "do not kill" is only for the MC who is at first a little naive and has his ideology to not kill people. Or it is enforced by his friends to protect him from a traumatic experience.
It's not really a trope because it's explained well and it's not unreasonable.

@Solipsist : It's the point of the story to have the MC being overwhelmed by the events happening around him and to try to overcome them. I like it. Sure at first it's kind of obnoxious to see him being a dead-weight, but the MC grow and improve a lot which makes him, and the story, interesting (The MC still have weaknesses but it's just realistic). His two sidekicks are better from the start (because they are less flawed) but they don't have a lot more room for developments.

Dex-chan lover
@Clad95150
Sure, there is some growth in this story. Every story does, to some degree. But it's meaningless to even mention it in stories like these, when the focus is all over the damn place. The story itself has no idea what the fuck it's about, let alone the readers.
It's about Batman with the ability to sense danger, but he's the cowardly version of "I have everything" so he has Alfred do everything for him. It's about a normal school boy who wants to help people, but he's also the richest teen on the planet and has access to secret-ops soldiers, so he doesn't actually need to involve himself personally for shit. It's about a boy who wants to help people, but not really it's about secret blood-cults who want more blood for the blood god. What the fuck is this story even about? Nobody knows, the writers don't even know. They wanted to develop a young boy into being a hero, but jumped the fucking shark with over the top bullcrap and derailed it beyond saving.

If anything, I find your ability to enjoy this story to be absolutely fucking amazing. Good job.

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist
For me: it's about a boy who has his aids that help and support him to get better.
It's about a boy who wants to help people thanks to his power but got involved with a secret organization that creates super-soldier because of his past (hence his power).
The money and MC's reaction toward it is a small weak point but it can be explained by the fact that it was the girl who did all the spending, so only she knows about how much money the MC has. And because it was her who bought things and allowed pocket money to the MC, he isn't used to have a lot of money. In families, it's not at all uncommon that the children don't know how much money their family has. So yeah, MC know that he has lot of money, enough to get what he wants if it's reasonable but apart from that he doesn't know how much he has.

In the end, everybody has their own tastes and it's a shame that you didn't like this manhwa.

Thanks for the kind words, I wish you a good day !

Terror man's biggest objective should really be get into town council then fire every safety inspector and hire new one's.
I swear half the city is built on sand or has falty wiring.

Dex-chan lover
WOAH..i didn't know this was still being translated. I miss game of scanlations group tbh.

Best read yet for webcomics 11/10 action yet heartfelt Webcom. Would fa- I mean read!

Double-page supporter
The story seemed interesting but falls after a few chapters. Tried to force myself to read more chapters to see how it goes ,but never developed a desire to continue reading.
The MC does not develop into an interesting character.

When it says all of these series have a shared universe is that really the case? Because I've read house keeper, and Revival man and havent noticed any connections. Mabey i wasnt paying enough attention.

Users who are viewing this thread