Tesla Note - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Novice Spy

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, never dropped series with only a one page of bullshit. Whelp

Dex-chan lover
Not about a apple eating demon who gives a genius teen a book that gives teslas to anyone whos name is written in it. 0/10

7rK

Group Leader
If you are wondering about the lossy quality, try disabling data saver. The file was too big so MD staff had to butcher quality.

Fed-Kun's army
Top art, good action story and a girl with a mole?

rick-and-morty.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I didn't like this first chapter.

The premise is... interesting(?), i dont feel it was really well thought.

The character felt too "flat", it is like all their personalities are based on troupes but it is handled really clunky, the girl introduction makes her seem like she is the serious type then she becomes a Genki girl and she just launches a bunch of jokes about her grandpa, the guy lead is introduced like some badass alpha male but his personality feels so... troupey.

The guy "underestimating her because she is a girl" was set up before because his chief focused on the "the person is not a male" for some reason, it is like the author wanted to force a conflict between them and had to SAY what was going to happen to the reader, and all his personality depends on his firm "sense of justice" and how he is competent and some pages later he bungles up his one responsibility.

The girl attitude just doesn't click with me, her abilities seem to fall on the "i had special training since a young age, so i can do almost anything and what i cant do i can learn" category, she just wipes a perfect disguise of a person in an instant without any set up for that, there is no hint that she knew who the researcher was but she just has a complete disguise for her.

And the comedy... oh god the jokes, they are the overused "exaggerated reaction" type, one character reacts in a way the other makes a joke about it then all hell brakes loose, i could feel the type of jokes it would have just by the cover in the manga main page (both main characters jumping to try to get the crystal but one of them has to interfere with the other for the joke to be made).

I dont think this shows much promise, it seems like one of those stories that are quickly put together to make use of the rising popularity of a genre, with JJK, Chainsaw Man, and Jigokuraku as examples of the new popular batch of shounen borderline seinen mangas that have been coming out this one feels like it is just a quick try to grab a piece of the action and it falls short to the expectations.

Group Leader
I liked this ch a lot. Everyone should give the translator a headpat, actually they should give the tl many headpats, actually scratch that the tl should get ALL THE HEADPATS!!! EVERYONE SHALL BOW TO THE TL!!!

Dex-chan lover
Eh, plot was weirdly paced, and felt all over the place trying to establish too many narratives at once. The comedy was forced, and relied on stupidly over the top reactions. I'll give it a few chapters, but not expecting much here.

Dex-chan lover
The plot is all over the place.
The art and actions scenes are good though.

The Mc is bland ass f-ck, so are the side characters, but can’t lie the art is good, but aside from that, thought the partner would be a cool headed person not some retard....I don’t know both Mc and the dude frustrated me....The art good whoever drew this good job....

Dex-chan lover
There once was a man named Nikola Tesla who was king of the SCIENCE! He had inventions, patents, and discoveries beyond your wildest dreams! Before they sat him on the electric chair, these were the final words he said: "My AC is yours for the taking, but you’ll have to find it first. I left everything I own in One Piece." Ever since, scientists from all over the world calibrated their oscilloscopes for the Voltage Line, searching for One Piece, the invention that would make their dreams come true!

Users who are viewing this thread