The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You - Vol. 6 Ch. 48 - Tsundere Lost

This chapter was a good one

xuo1l71ommj41.png

This isn't shounen it is shoujo !? All that time rentarou was the male lead not the main character!? Oh god 🤣

Fed-Kun's army
Karane but with no balls, I guess

Smh how could this wonder of a man be turned down by 100 women? This shows that most of humanity was a mistake

Dex-chan lover
love the retrospective they're taking with the Tsundere archtype.

hilarious as always and also serious when it needs to. always a good balance of both.

But this begs the question, I get that Rentarou does want to support her for wanting to stay as the Meek Karane if she really wants to, but his reason for opposing it is because she hates what she used to be?

How can someone want to change if they don't dislike what they used to be? That doesn't make sense at all for me. Does that mean rentarou will only accept the Meek Karane if the change is only minor and not affecting her main personality?

@etriuswimbleton there's 2 basic motivation for personality change:
1) You hate yourself
2) You want to be better version of yourself

The difference between those two is the existence of a goal. For no.2) it is a idolizing mechanism. When you have a goal as your "ideal self", usually an idol or inspiration, you will be motivated to change. Doing anything by your own volition to be the ideal version of you. Like a proper traveler, they have a map, goal/destination, budget, and plan to go there. They take the step to go out not because they HAVE to go out, but because they WANT to go out, to a better place, and they know how to go there.

no. 1) it is simply just escapism coping method. You want to be something, someone, that is not you. You dont care what kind or what version it is, just not being yourself right now. Usually you will just pick the one which will be liked by the most in your society/people around you, the normal & general version. Dont have any ideal self-image to achieve. Just like a lost traveler-slash-adventurer, they dont have any destination/goal. Just walk somewhere, as long as it is not their home, and just try to be play along with the locals. Become the person that wont be hated by them, and try to like what they like. Usually this is type of escapism is NOT happen by inner will, just by pressure of environment or society around them that make them cant stand that environment or being themselves in that environment that flatly reject them.

It is the same with how Shizuka's parent keep telling her to speak loudly. She, the inner will of Shizuka-chan, is okay by being mute & use book to speak, but others pressure that keep telling her to change is what make her stress & pressuring her to change.

Making Karane become meek instantly is the equivalent of making Shizuka become a loose mouthed gal. They cant do it, and by pressing them will just make them hate herself and even if it is possibly happen, it is just become a farce. Not a true nature/personality that they develop themself.

That is what Rentarou dont want to happen. Karane is Karane. If she, by her own volition & will, is really want to change, because she idolizing & imagining herself become "better" it is okay. He will try to learn to like this "new" Karane.
But if she do it because she just hate herself, or being pressured either by atmosphere or society that prefer a meek girl in a group...He wont accept it.

Dex-chan lover
@refki

oh I get it now. there is a difference. I thought that 1 and 2 are pretty much related to each other where 1 comes first before 2.

So its either willingly or being unwillingly forced by outside factors.

Dex-chan lover
So, in that last page he is telling her "I won't let you take off that mask" basically?

No, makes 0 sense.
She wanted to change for better but couldn't, and when she found the way and finally got to be how she always wanted to be, THEY are forcing her to go back to what SHE decided that SHE didn't want to be.
THEY want her back so THEY don't feel sad cuz they "lost" her tsundere version, completely ignoring her own will to change and feel better with herself... Smh

Dex-chan lover
It's entirely off-topic, but I'm pretty sure this chapter is the first mention of Kusuri's granny.

Dex-chan lover
As someone who used to hate tsunderes I say.
TSUNDERES AREN'T GARBAGE IT'S THAT SOME AUTHORS WRITE THEM LIKE GARBAGE. IF ANYONE HATES ON KARANE I WILL FIGHT YOU
Exactly, it's like how people hate on yanderes, but I bet y'all didn't even realize Rentarou is a yandere. Some proof in case you don't believe me: He is obsessed with his girlfriends and devotes every hour of the day to them, he lashes out at anyone who attempts to harm his girlfriends, or that even says something negative about them. He literally stalks them (this behavior only increases in future chapters with no sign of declining) all signs point to him being a yandere

Users who are viewing this thread