The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You

Does anyone know any other scanlation group like jaiminisbox thats manga is not available in mangadex?...

@justforthelulz
JB is one of those scans who don't really care about anything other than money. Once they lost Solo Leveling(on break) they tried getting a few series from other groups that were getting popular. (they got called out for it)

I can agree with you on, if they want to leave and take their chapters with them, they can. But that thread and their reasons was a joke.

I follow over 500 manga on mangadex, is there a way for me to know if a manga gets taken down from their website? Like its hard keeping track of the mangas i follow and i just read the newly updated ones in my feed, so i wouldn't know if a really good manga like this were to randomly get taken away.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm reading this on another website and... it's surprisingly pretty good: there's an actual plot, it made me laugh many times and the girls in the "harem" aren't just prizes to show off like many harem manga do, they are all loved back and treasured individually. This is really worth reading.

I hope another fansub will pick this up (hopefully one not only interested in donations), because this series will have a future, this will surely go over 100 chapters and become famous with an anime adaptation.

Dex-chan lover
This is what harem series were always meant to be, the true pinnacle of the word harem, i dont really like to use the word masterpiece but if there ever was a time where it was true its with this manga right here.

The epitome of culture, youre doing yourself a disservice not reading this.

@dummyaccount12345 i know its been some time since you posted the message, but what did you mean with it being polyamore and not polygamy?

Cuz polygamy is 1 guy with multiple girls (harem) and polyamore is multiple people in a relationship with each other (multiple open relationships), right?

So what, does some of the girls have lovers aside from the MC? Is that why its tagged as GL on mangaupdates? Does some of the harem members love each other (current cover comes to mind)? Or is it something else?

Long post, sorry, just puzzled me why so many people call it a great harem manga if it isnt really harem.

@Oliver1805
Hey! Yes, you got the definitions right. Well, first of all, you gotta understand that this is a gag manga, so it isn't to be taken too seriously.
With that out of the way, here's my analysis:

Hakari (the pink-haired deredere girl) and Karane (the blonde tsundere girl) have kissed each other more than once. This happened first in the "Kissing Zombie" mini arc (or whatever it's called), but repeats itself at least one more time (as far as I remember) in a later chapter, while they're asleep, much to the Rentarou's joy, as he views that as them getting along.

On top of that, the harem members are really closer to each other, and considering the Rentarou's views on relationships, he'd likely appreciate it if the girls started getting involved with each more intimately.

Aside from that, there's a more explicit example of the story's polyamory subtext: the newest harem member, Hakari's mother, Hahari. In one of the last few chapters, Hahari admits that she's still in love with her late husband, and the protagonist assures her that there's nothing wrong with that. Well, all right. You could argue that, while he isn't exactly comfortable with sharing her heart with someone else, he told her that he didn't mind it so she would stop beating herself up over it. However, shortly afterward, Rentarou meets the ghost of her late husband, who is revealed to have been watching over his family all along. He tells Rentarou that he hates him for taking both his wife and daughter, but Rentarou assures him that he loves them with all his heart. The ghost forgives him, and tries to pass on, but Rentarou stops him, insisting that he remains in this plane, instead of passing on, so he could love Hakari and Hahari together with him, sharing the mother-daughter pair. Hahari's husband still decides to pass on in the end, but Rentarou has still made his views on love quite clear. He doesn't mind sharing at all.

So ... yeah, that's pretty much it. When I said it's more like polyamory than polygamy in my earlier comment, I was talking about the attitude of the protagonist. He doesn't have an iota of possessiveness in him. He just wants the girls to be happy, regardless of what that might entail.

Now, as you mentioned, there are people who claim that this is a great harem manga. In a way, it is. But it can't be denied that there's a polyamory subtext. This isn't a standard harem (though I may be biased, since I'm more fond of the stories where the girls bicker and fight each other due to their jealousy;; I've always been fond of that sort of drama). However, it's important to note that, lately, in the realms of manga and fanfiction, there has been a surge of stories that sell themselves as harem stories, even though their protagonists are clearly in a polyamorous relationship. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if this story was still called a harem story, even if the polyamory was more evident (most people don't know the difference to begin with), since that's apparently the trend as of late.

Wrapping up, keep in mind that this is all my analysis, and that I may be reading too much into it. This is, after all, a gag manga. I don't think the author is too concerned with whether it's about polyamory or polygamy.

@dummyaccount12345 ooooh, yeah, makes sense. Thank you for answering and clearing up my doubts with such a detailed answer :). Especially for a manga youve already dropped. Most people wouldnt go through the trouble of even answering to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit, an actual good and funny harem that also pokes fun at harem tropes, and the guy isn't pathetic

@greatninja3
I wouldn't really say it has either. This is a gag manga. NTR usually requires some sort of emotional weight. This is light hearted stuff, so it's more like a very subtle open relationship. Though I sincerely doubt the author would go that far; some readers can be really touchy about this, so the thing with the dead husband is probably as far as he'll go. Also, on that note, even if another character male character asked to share, I doubt the protagonist would just accept it. Only if one of the harem members took an interest in someone else and asked the protagonist to be able to two-time him do I think that'd be possible (or if the protagonist found out that one of his soulnates is already in a relationship, and said soulmate wants to date the MC but also isn't willing to breakup with her current partner) , as the MC would be willing to make any sacrifices for their happiness, and, again, I really doubt the author would go that far.

@ssWyvern
NTR where? In the scenes I mentioned, or does it happen in a later chapter (I wouldn't know since I dropped it)? If it's the former, check what I wrote above. I mean, you're free to consider it NTR if you want to, but I reckon the NTR trope demands an emotional weight that simply isn't there in this manga. Keep in mind, though, that I am in no way defending this manga. I did drop it, after all, due to the polyamorous subtext, which I did not like.

Fed-Kun's army
Okay, now that Kissmanga has been taken down forever this really needs someone to pick it up.

Is it possible that not even a group is available to sub this great manga?

@dummyaccount12345
Well, I consider any romance besides the ones with the MC to be NTR, some may not view it that way. Perhaps NTR wouldn't be the best word to describe it.

@ssWyvern
So you're talking about the widow and her deceased husband, then? And don't worry; I've seen NTR being used that way many times before, so even though that isn't the original meaning of the world, most people use it like you do, so you can't really be considered to be wrong, especially since it's a foreign term. I'm really just curious to see what exactly you viewed as NTR.

Users who are viewing this thread