The Ancient Magus' Bride - Vol. 13 Ch. 61 - Slow and Sure III

Dex-chan lover
So it was a Nuckelavee after all. High five, 1-month-ago-me. Not really, all I did was check the Scottish legendary creatures category on Wikipedia a bit.

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like that book rotting/disentigrating/breaking is supposed to be a big foreshadowing moment but I can't for the life of me link that to anything that showed up previously 🤔🤔🤔

Dex-chan lover
We saw a book in the previous chapter, right? I think it had to do with the book in this chapter.
Also, that thing Chise felt in the lake is cartaphilus, isn’t it. The face looks like him.

Seems like the curse of wanting to live not only staves off her deteriorating body but also becomes a weapon for protection when things go really badly, interesting.

Mysteries surrounding the wizards and their family lineage seems to grow thicker. I guess we'll see the conclusion the same time as season two maybe?

Dex-chan lover
Welp, i was wrong it was a nuckelavee prop for those that got it right. Still, i prefer the original appearance of the nuckelavee.

I feel that little by little Chise's body is assimilating the curse (the dragon one), as a Slay Vega as was said she is close to fae than human in some aspects so it isn't far fetched that her body may do that, she wasn't the intended target of the curse and the dragon likes her so it has that chance because i doubt the curse would give anyone else all those physical enhancements that it gave her.

She is becoming an Amalgam just like Elias, at the moment she is human / dragon / curse of immortality.

noo her ponytail :'(
also what's the deal with the book? it's suppposed to be bad that it's damaged but why?

That panel with Zoey's snakes was so cool!
Joseph came back for a little while :O

Dex-chan lover
noooooo long hair chise is gone....

also is that thing, what is left of carthaphilus carthamombo, cartagena? forgot how it was...

Double-page supporter
When you have so many curses on you that they start to like you and want to protect you

Also that "I know that expression" from Lian tells us he was (or is) suicidal, I'm glad that chise has a bunch of friends to talk to now, even if elias is still super clingy

Dex-chan lover
man, i don't think we've had a chapter of this manga yet that I didn't absolutely love

@Alterist
not just that

lian summoning a weapon from an 'armory', can't really use magic except to reinforce himself, doesn't run away from the giant monster when everyone else is, emotionally damaged

am i the only one getting the vibes here (maybe it's just a mild homage) [it's probably just a coincidence]

Users who are viewing this thread