The Ancient Magus' Bride - Vol. 19 Ch. 95.5 - Fragments X: The Golden Cloth

Dex-chan lover
It's moments like this that remind you that no matter how cute the fae might look, they aren't humans. They have their own views, their own desires, that sometimes clash with what we'd expect. Wasn't as drastic as with Oberon but still showed a part of the fae here that we don't always see when they are having fun.

Dex-chan lover
Nice to see how they sealed their pact, and... it never stops surprising me when a fairy transforms, I always forget that their cutesy appearances aren't indicative of their true forms, and the will-o-wisp is a guide for the dead, he isn't the type you should anger.

Dex-chan lover
“limbs, tongue, or eyes” is rather specific, I know he said no harm will come of her and no one will be able to steal those specific parts, but my assumption is that he named those body parts specifically because he didn’t/doesn’t need them for his plan.

Dex-chan lover
Ahh, what a wonderful, semi-tense chapter! Thanks for the translation! <3

Dex-chan lover
always remember the fairie are fae. they are not as they seem and they do not do as humans do
in a sense that makes them much more reliable than humans, but beware the fae all the same.
that aside will o wisp is adorable. even when he's being scary.
interesting to think about how chise is crossing over to the fairie side herself as a magus. as much as this is a journey of learning what it's like to be human for elias, it's as much of journey of chise losing her humanity and becoming a magus

Dex-chan lover
The losing body parts comment seemed like a personal jab. xD

We always see how Chise is valuable to fae for being in a liminal state that isn't quite human. In most every other case fae treat normal humans as forgetable, food, or annoying. This was interesting seeing how this fae values finding a "pure" human.

Dex-chan lover
Always a treat to see Alice and her sheananigans. Seems her "bro" is more like a second master together with Renfred.

Gotta say I really dislike the newer "alchemist" translation for majutsushi. "Alchemy" elicits few magical stuff outside of crafting potions, minerals, crystals and so on for most people. I think "sorcerer" or maybe "wizard" would be preferable terms for the broad amount of stuff these guys can do.

Aggregator gang
“limbs, tongue, or eyes” is rather specific, I know he said no harm will come of her and no one will be able to steal those specific parts, but my assumption is that he named those body parts specifically because he didn’t/doesn’t need them for his plan.
Uh.... yeah, Ashen Eye just gave half of Alice's hair to some other fae without asking and no one batted an eye.

I'm sure nothing will come of it.

Users who are viewing this thread