The Ancient Magus' Bride

Double-page supporter
I just wanted to post and praise Maigo for their translation efforts. Too many groups I've encountered don't even appear to proofread their stuff and post a finished product with tons of grammatical errors and weird syntax.
Lacking the required knowledge to judge the translation's accuracy there's nothing for me to comment on in that regard (not that I have reason to doubt it), but beyond being polished when it comes to grammar, it's simply well written and pleasant to read.

I'm just so used to getting annoyed with sloppy writing
(I mean come on, the actual translation is the hard part, just have someone spend 5-10 minutes and proofread the result)
that commending rare work like this felt necessary.

Double-page supporter
I just want to say Maigo's translations are a work of art. Not only are there no grammar and spelling mistakes, the flow and choice of terms just make it sound so nice and elegant.
Seriously thank you guys for your hard work

Dex-chan lover
Every time I come back to this, I hear the amazing first opening ( "Here" - JUNNA ) again and again.

Where does this cover up to in regards to the anime? I've been thinking about picking this up from the beginning, but wanted to know how much of a journey I will have.

Aggregator gang
@Fawkes711 the anime basically goes to chapter 45, they were even released around the same time. There's an animated PV for the "College arc" after that.

Can someone please tell me what part of this is "Slice of Life"? Slice of life means exactly what it implies, a slice of life. A brief respite from all the shit in the real world, a calming and happy sanctuary for those with troubles. But here, shit's hitting the fan literally every chapter. Who made these tags? Am I just an idiot thinking that slice of life would be all K-On and Kobayashi's Dragon Maid? Am I in the wrong?

How am I supposed to empathize with this buffoon of a protagonist? All you do is do stupid bullshit with no regards to how the people that love you feel, and once they take matters into their own hands, you talk down to them as if you're any better. I'm dropping this for now. I'm not saying this is bad storytelling, but whenever I put myself into the shoes of Elias, all I see is that the only woman for me would rather see me as a one-dimensional subhuman than a fragile, yet caring creature.

@b4nji You're raging too much over what is supposed to be a fairy tale about growing up. Taking a break is a good idea.

Yo maigo is down 🥺🥺 I don’t want to have to wait months for the next update. The volume coming out in a month is gonna be caught up to us

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the update! Love you guys. This series is so underrated and I hate it when people stop updating.

I remember reading about 10 chapters or so a few years back and stopped because it felt like a generic shoujo where everything solves with the cliche formula known as emotions>ability. So, is she still completely useless while running around trying to save everyone and everything while evading death like gypsies evade the police?

Dex-chan lover
No more chapters. It felt like there were just about to be some answers too. Now maybe I'll never know.

Users who are viewing this thread