The Ancient Magus' Bride

Dex-chan lover
for me the world building is the only good thing about this series, but depends on your taste, you might like this series a lot.
@pojoink1
Well that’s it’s main driving point….

The only thing that really matters is whether u like slow slice of life type reads or not

Dex-chan lover
Well that’s it’s main driving point….

The only thing that really matters is whether u like slow slice of life type reads or not

I'm fine with slow slice of life but this series just ain't it for me

Fed-Kun's army
Man, this manga has potential but I just cannot get myself to like Chise. I know she is young but damn, she's both stupid and annoying. Most issues are her fault.

Group Leader
Anyone else feels like some parts have way too many flashbacks? Volume 18 for instance, had a lot of them. I think it kind of disrupts the present action...

Dex-chan lover
I don't recommend it, especially if you watched the anime first. I started reading it because when the manga was released and at the time, it seemed to be something like a "romance, supernatural, drama, slice of life", but after the Cartaphilus Arc, it became something that reminded me more of "Harry Potter" and the "bride" in the title lost its meaning~:shamihuh:💢

Dex-chan lover
I honestly wanted to like this manga: fey, mages, mystery, seemingly all the components of a successful story are there. But I just find it hard to sympathize with any of the characters, and particularly the protagonists. Chise with her detachment disorder is especially annoying, watching events unfold from her pov is like seeing them in an old dark mirror.
So one day I closed the tab with the manga, and I've been unable to find any motivation to open it anew since.

what's going on with the chapter 97? it says publication has ended and you're shoved onto 98.. that scanlation site sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread