The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten - Ch. 14.2

Supporter
I wonder what the original word used by her at the end there is? Hopeless seems like it's not fully what she's saying, my guess just based on paneling and the parents reaction is that there was some sort of wordplay or double entendre behind the word she actually used.
In Japanese she uses 「だめなところ」with 「だめ」being the same as the series title “dame ningen” which was translated by Yen Press to “Spoiled Rotten.” But what Mahiru is referring to here is how Amane tends to be a charmer without realising it himself, and that fact leaves her on her toes or in an awkward situation sometimes.

Edit: And that's why Shihoko reacted the way she did

Dex-chan lover
My filthy mind can't stop thinking the dad gonna NTR his own son

Dex-chan lover
In Japanese she uses 「だめなところ」with 「だめ」being the same as the series title “dame ningen” which was translated by Yen Press to “Spoiled Rotten.” But what Mahiru is referring to here is how Amane tends to be a charmer without realising it himself, and that fact leaves her on her toes or in an awkward situation sometimes.

Edit: And that's why Shihoko reacted the way she did
Thanks! I felt there was definitely some sort of underlying teasing about how he wasn't able to take hints and was dense, or something to do with that besides just him being unable to do housework. Hopeless plus just the expressions and paneling definitely gave me most of the info, so thanks for filling in any gaps!

Group Leader
Ok when I saw him, somehow my head automatically reads his dialogue in the most calming voice I have ever heard in my life. Is that supposed to happen?

Supporter
Ayo wtf Amane's parents are witches aren't they? Consuming the neighbor kids to retain their youth and all that.

And uh maybe it's just me but the way Amane's dad using "san" honorific to address his own wife feels somewhat distant to me idk.
He's being somewhat formal in front of Mahiru on their first meeting (and also to counter Shihoko's... slightly less formal manner).

Supporter
I know the mangas art is leagues better than the anime but I don't remember amanes dad being this handsome wtf?

Bibros.... we're winning here
The novel makes it clear that people looked at him and Amane as a ruggedly good-looking onii-san and his more cherubic and much younger otouto when they went out together before his middle-school troubles deadened the latter's appearance.

Why do translators use honorifics in English translations? It doesn’t make any sense to me. Of course not everyone does it, but whenever I see it it’s weird since we don’t use those honorifics. In that regard, it’s like a partial translation. Do ppl do the same with other languages? Why not just use “Mr” or “Mrs”, or “teacher”, or “miss”? I’m confused.

Users who are viewing this thread