The Antagonist's Pet

I see pink cute girl I click then I see pretty girl next to cute girl I HUFFED- okay that sounds really creepy what I'm trying to say is I anticipate some shoujo ai

This so beautiful and queer. I love how the Prince knew exactly what went down when Rebecca looked at Sasha.

Knowing such type of stories I bet Sasha will end with a prince at the end, after all if it's bisexual story and we see Sasha being into Rebecca from start then it's pretty much a given that a girl who is first interested in a girl will end with a guy she initially isn't fond off so the prince but will grow to like him instead. Shoujo type is usual cheapest story ever. Or will have some idiotic triangle ending.

Yuri story where a guy is a main character. Yep, can't see anything potentially going wrong.

Lets start a story with making a girl fall for another girl, tease with a yuribait for a while, end it with the said main girl falling in love with a guy and ending marrying him.
It's BISEXUAL story!
Start a story with a girl dating a guy, then she falls for the girl and ends with her.
It's YURI/SHOUJO-AI story!
Simple, right?
I knew it was a bit fishy for this to be a shoujo-ai tagged story when translators used bisexual word while the work itself started with a premise of girl falling for a girl so I had to check the raws.
I simply don't understand to what kind of people such works are drawn for, maybe the ones who think yuri is a phase and a girl always needs to end with a guy kind.
Shame I like the art but the theme is horrible.
Just a honest warning to any people who wanted to give this story a chance due to yuri - girl x girl possibility.
Dropped.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Group Leader
All of you this is a Warning from the Group!

We won't accept more spoilers, all of you who have made one have been PMed because of this issue.
This is not a appropiate actitude to the rest of the reader's also, we will talk as soon as possible to the moderators.

If i see more spoilers here we will drop this webtoon, and report the people who made spoilers here on the comment thread!

Group Leader
@salamone bisexuality is a thing. You can be bisexual and still end up with a guy. You can he bisexual and still end up with a girl. I'm just loling st the weebs who dropped it cuase they couldn't sexualize and fap to them with their cheetos infused hands. You should knownitndosent pander to your kind because of the shoujo tag. It's rare enough we have a bi female lead in a shoujo and people want it to be "full female no icky boiz allowed"

mrf

Whoop Dee Doo!
What going those text are too long i don't care whoops XD

PS: so far it's interesting. I just hate the... u see i don't maybe you should read it
(ノ≧ڡ≦) Teehee~!
I guess some forgot to use the mail/direct messages feature here!
(>∀<)

Sorry for not using the spoiler tags in post before, but I think it's important for many readers to know what they are getting into.
The spoilers were from novel on which this webtoon is based on and the info can be grabbed on Korean novel wiki to check that I'm not lying.
I don't know what is wrong in saying that people who like yuri should not read it, after all like some said this is a bisexual story and we know how that ends usually when a male character is present as love interest showing after a female one.

Contributor
If I'm understanding the situation correctly, I think the good-faith thing to do would be to put a big bolded note in the description saying, "This is a bisexual love triangle, we're not sure how to tag it and there's some disagreement. But regardless of the tags, you know now."

In fact, if no one objects, I'll amend the description at some point as such.

@PolizPolice:

In the rare bisexual m/m-and-m/f mixing stories, at least, I think I'm used to seeing shounen-ai/yaoi tags mixed with romance and people just make it clear through the description. In a love-triangle, I think there's some precedent for using only the tags for the side that wins (Note: I haven't people's spoilers to see how this ends yet, so I didn't know whether it's relevant; it is what I would first assume is the case from the tags and description and people's declaration that the protagonist is bisexual) just to prevent falsely giving an impression of who's going to be the winner.

But the sample size of such series is too small for the rules to really be established and settled.

Edit (after reading spoilers):
@salamone:
I simply don't understand to what kind of people such works are drawn for, maybe the ones who think yuri is a phase and a girl always needs to end with a guy kind.

While I understand your gut reaction and am going to have to brace myself before reading this—it's not at all fair to presume that that's the message here. And I'm going to be a little weirded out if shoujo isekai ever become a platform for preaching that particular brand of bigotry, though of course it's not out of the question and might indeed happen here for all I know (in again with the need to brace myself before reading this XD).

But anyway, my point being, a fully open-minded person would accept that if a bisexual love triangle is indeed possible (which, duh, it is)—either person can win out, not just the gay pairing, nor just the straight one.

Now, as you imply, usually in published fiction the editors would stop this because the "target audience" doesn't really exist—gay fandoms wanna read gay stuff, most others stick to straight stuff: Tada! Bi erasure.

But I assume this is originally a web-novel, in which case there need be no mystery as to how it happened! Probably someone wrote it as such because they wanted to, and they didn't have an editor. In which case it's success or failure, for good or ill, need only be on it's own merits, and it can have whatever plot it wants, for better or for worse.

Dex-chan lover
Can someone put in spoiler tags for me which wins in the end? I’m not really interested if the guy wins.

Users who are viewing this thread