The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 3 Ch. 9 - Cat Reasoning

Aggregator gang
Oh. If she had swallowed, she would've been poisoned and disposed of, could've left the palace.

Dex-chan lover
just understood that he was the younger bro... it was pretty explicit, I can't believe it didn't clicked when they talked about the sickly bro not attending 😅

Dex-chan lover
this doesnt make any sense
he just told her that he just spooned some shit out and put it in a bowl there shouldnt be any fingerprints on the bowl because its a new one

So is that flashy person is the second brother of the emperor ?? I don't know but I have that feeling. And can't help it but he really remind me of shi ryuuki XD

On page 10 with Honnyan "She's too talented which is not an attractive trait to men." I was like, wait, what? But then I remembered that the "virtue" of a woman was knowing nothing at that time. The Confucian Three Obediences and Four Virtues has as the "virtues" of a woman to only know proper "ethics" (of marriage), "speech" (of marriage), to have lots of children (in marriage), and her looks. You might be able to take up needlework, dance, or a musical instrument, if you're particularly edgy.

This is, of course, for the upper classes. Peasant women still need to know how to sew and cook and farm and all the other things required for life at the sustenance boundary. They should still follow the Obediences, though.

@Kampfarsch I agree it wasn't really clear, but I think he spooned some out so that he could carry it without touching it (in a cloth) but without spilling it. The spooned out amount was probably dumped on the ground, and this is the original bowl.

Doing homework be like:

qlKfsWk.png

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
bruh, she knows chemistry too? oxidation wasn't seriously studied until the 18th century or something
unknown.png

Aggregator gang
@elefantine97 Chinese people were retardedly smart since ancient times.

In 132 AD, Zhang Heng (78–139 AD) of the Han dynasty invented the first seismograph called “Houfeng Didong” to measure the movements of the earth and seasonal winds.
https://www.ancienthistorylists.com/china-history/top-18-ancient-chinese-inventions/

Imagine inventing a machine that predicts earthquakes 2000 years ago.

Reactions: le3
Fed-Kun's army
Again with the broken timeline/science. Everything else is amazing about this series but the writing is just not really well thought through at times.

Your really gonna tell me people knew about swabbing for fingerprints during the time of Imperial China. Even if this is based during the later imperial times it would still be early 1900s at the latest. Which most of the things shown here weren't heavily practiced during the later imperial Era. The last two emperors of china before the communist revolution barely practiced long standing imperial traditions with Puyi basically throwing out most traditions due to the curcumstances of his reign. Its kind of what caused China to be unstable enough to go through multiple revolutions.

Should be marked as historical low fantasy at this rate.

Users who are viewing this thread