The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 6 Ch. 29.1 - Syphilis (Part 1)

@namisora Memory imprinting happens on some syphilis sufferers. It becomes a solace and something to hang on to as they lose everything else.

Since the 'man in glasses' is the person who wanted to buy her, he was already well-to-do. The smell reminds her of him, either he burned it when he saw her or from the scent of it on his clothes. It's the tuft of grass on the edge of the cliff she's hanging on to. And the reason why she's was always chasing mao-mao off was because she was everything she couldn't have with him.

oh my god, everything makes sense-

I didn't reach to the latest chapters, but the clues were good enough to figure out her origin, however, didn't explain why she was taken in by foster dad or how he is involved in it or when did courtesan get that illness/disease and more explained feelings on why she wanted to hurt toddler version of mao mao (freckled girl) in her dream, or how courtesan felt about being pregnant (like was it unwanted/coerced or in love with the person who made her pregnant but something happened?) ahh, i have more questions to ask though I'm sure most of them will answered as I continue reading~

Dex-chan lover
"dark turn" are we forgetting the first chapter is literal human trafficking into poisoning?

Users who are viewing this thread