The Archmage Returns After 4000 Years - Vol. 1 Ch. 70

WHAT DO WE DO WHEN WE LOSE A WAIFU?!
THAT'S RIGHT!
WE GET A NEW ONE!
WOOO

Dex-chan lover
"gender isn't mentioned, going with he for now"

Okay but you know english has a handy little tool for that, right?

Dex-chan lover
@0TheWatcher0 Oh, just they/them pronouns, used for both NB people and ambiguous people, EG anyone you're not sure about, yeah. It is used primarily as a plural but has never exclusively been plural in modern english. Occasionally some people online give push back but it's legitimately been used in English way longer than anyone currently alive, though it's usage rose up a bit in the last 10 or so years, so yeah.

Stuff like "So I tracked them down and successfully made contact with them". Which yeah, can sometimes offer a bit of initial confusion but other dialogue tends to lend clarification (multiple other lines in this for example would have clarified they're not a group even if they hadn't used he, for example) if you're talking about someone for any length of time, and it beats calling someone he and then oh they're a girl actually.

Hope this helps! I definitely recommend it, I use they/them by default in all my English talking about anyone.

@Fari, lol, 12 years of education have failed me xP. completely forgot about the existence of they and them xP. thanks for the tip, may use it when i translate some stuff as well

Dex-chan lover
@0TheWatcher0 Haha, I know the feeling, lots of useful things I've probably learned and overlook daily. Well hey, hope it helps out in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread