The Archmage Returns After 4000 Years

Magic & world is cool. Art's coloring and dynamics are really nice! Everything else kind of sucks. I get it's supposed to be fun and not really deep, but it feels like a 14 year old boy with weird insecurities and way too many power fantasies wrote this. The author prioritizes trying to shill the MC as cool in a Saitama-esque way so much that his character is inconsistent, and honestly just really annoying. The girl isn't inspiring either, but I can't even feel anything about it. It's like the writer has never spoken with a woman. I think 70% of her lines are just being the bg char that goes "Wow, amazing!" at the MC. I read the whole thing so far to give it a fair shot, but it was just such a slog. Humor doesn't land either, so you end up just rolling your eyes whenever a new (extremely one-dimensional and pointless) enemy pops up and have to watch the MC be obnoxious and waste time for cool points.

Fed-Kun's army
Setting and world is ok and the art is good, which seems to be the case for most of these long strip series nowadays. Nothing unique about it but makes the series readable. The writing is astonishingly bad which makes me think that the source is probably awful and the artist has elevated this series into something it isn't. If this is an original then the author really needs to take a first grade writing class.

Dex-chan lover
why they stopped to post new chapters here? i see on other sites its up to like 38 chap

This is absurd, I can understand delaying release for newest chapter just so as to pull folks to their own website. But there are already 8 chapters available elsewhere. This is just Greedy as f***

Double-page supporter
Weird to delay a release here when the chapters have been available for over a week already....

jesus christ some of the worst fuckin writin i've ever seen. this is what passes for an 8.5?

Dex-chan lover
Wait, why is there such a long time until the next chapters when i already read this ages ago? Oh right, reaper scans.

@AlphaFlow
yeah I knew I'd read this before... where they taken down just to be reuploaded now? did I miss some drama or someshit?

Dex-chan lover
Can't really recall tbh. ReaperScans is going to become a derogatory term soon for me lol, as they're super "weird" with how they release stuff. I understand 1-2 days delay on chapters, but giving a chapter you released 2WEEKS AGO a week lockdown on mangadex is just straight out silly, and they do it with all of their series, nano machines aren't even uploaded on mangadex. My speculation is that they want to stock up on chapters on their website to then release in bulk with locking a bunch of chapters forcing people on their site. Thank god for scummy ripper websites in cases like this.
I understand wanting to make some revenue from what you translate but this is just excessive, at least give the reader a choice of either to go to your website or wait a day for a chapter, not weeks. And stop sitting on chapters quietly for weeks then to just impose lockdowns on OLD chapters on MD... Seems rather scummy to me. But hey, just my opinion.

Reaper scans forcing me to read from their site for ad revenue… jokes on them, I’m blocking all ads.

Fun facts:
„Traumen“ might be an attempt to spell the German word „träumen“, which means „dreaming“, and isn‘t really a good name. „Träumer“ (Dreamer) would have been more suitable. Also, strictly speaking, the umlaut-less word „Traumen“ actually does exist in German as a noun, however it is rather unusual and just means traumas / traumata... probably not the connotation that the author had in mind.

Double-page supporter
Lol! Now chapters 35-39 are gone. Do these scanalators know that scumy aggregators worse than Mangadex exist? And not just one or two but a whole bunch of them are out there ripping their work without a care. Why do they think giving Mangadex a hard time changes anything?😅

Users who are viewing this thread