The Bad Ending of an Otome - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
I don't quite understand the setting. The description calls Ophelia the game heroine, and since it's an otome game, that means she's the player character. She drops dead quite soon, though, invariably. The MC of this manhwa is Ophelia's villainous friend, who's aiming for the capture targets as well, according to the description, but is eliminated by Ophelia (the player). This first chapter showed nothing like that happening, though. I guess it means the self-aware "villainess" chose not to get in Ophelia's way, instead remaining passive.

I'm not sure what the baron's daughter is supposed to be in all of this, though. She looks like Ophelia, according to the chapter, so the capture targets went for her instead. But if Ophelia, the player character, is already dead, why does the game even cover anything like that? It's Game Over already.

I don't quite understand the setting. The description calls Ophelia the game heroine, and since it's an otome game, that means she's the player character. She drops dead quite soon, though, invariably. The MC of this manhwa is Ophelia's villainous friend, who's aiming for the capture targets as well, according to the description, but is eliminated by Ophelia (the player). This first chapter showed nothing like that happening, though. I guess it means the self-aware "villainess" chose not to get in Ophelia's way, instead remaining passive.

I'm not sure what the baron's daughter is supposed to be in all of this, though. She looks like Ophelia, according to the chapter, so the capture targets went for her instead. But if Ophelia, the player character, is already dead, why does the game even cover anything like that? It's Game Over already.
So, basically, in the 'game' described, imagine a prologue part where you play as Ophelia. A bunch of good looking guys fawn over you but you've got Terminal Otome Cancer and die no matter what. Then the main game starts and you're a Baron's daughter who could normally never score those dudes who loved Ophelia, but you look just like her so that is your in.

E: looks like you realized in the next chapter, leaving this here for anyone else who is confused and looks here

Users who are viewing this thread