The Beloved Daughter of a Crime Family Was Reincarnated as the Daughter of a Gangster in an Otome Game: Highest-Ranking Villain, That Doting Is Unnec…

Supporter
What are you doing to me?
Hugging sir, a lovey dovey one 😋

Screenshot-2023-04-03-07-23-27-899-com-chrome-dev.png

Dex-chan lover
There was absolutely no reason for her to jump in since she knows the future he would survive the encounter. We all know that this is just a really bad excuse to have both interact more, but they could have fixed it by saying some bullshit about this event changing him for the worse or something.

Double-page supporter
Honestly, I agree with NeloDante. This feels like a forced interaction, where she helps the guy, which contradicts what she wants to do, which is to live a normal life, and the best way to do that, is to avoid this guy.

Like it would be a lot cooler, that instead of her doing things like this, that she works behind the scenes using her resources/people to sabotage his plans that could lead to innocent people dying as she wants to take some amount of responsibility, instead of her forcibly interacting with the guy to avoid bad ends.

Dex-chan lover
Is her unique skill something like a use again thing (nullify the cooldown temporarily)? Since Leonardo was able to use his skill again even though Francesca, herself said there was a limit to it and needed to be recharged before it could be used again.
her skill is upgrading other people‘s skills. Since the she’s the player character of the game, that’s what the player does

Dex-chan lover
There was absolutely no reason for her to jump in since she knows the future he would survive the encounter. We all know that this is just a really bad excuse to have both interact more, but they could have fixed it by saying some bullshit about this event changing him for the worse or something.
Yeah, I'm thinking of dropping. There were a dozen ways to solve this without the Aldini guy getting hurt, and most of them would not involve a special ability or even speaking to him.

In the very first chapter, she's portrayed as someone prepared enough to carry around contracts, and yet her plan here was to jump in directly with witnesses everywhere. She refuses to reveal even a single piece to her own family, as if the risk of them moving independently is worse than what she's doing now.

Dex-chan lover

Ah yes, the typical OI FL logic "I know the future ML falls in love with OG FL, clearly NOTHING I DO WILL CHANGE THAT"

She's already changed things (the chapter literally mentioned how different Graziano is from the in-game version) so there's no guarantee everything will follow the game.

Even this assassin incident isn't something she say is an event in the game (y'know, no "oh no, today is THAT day!?") she just realized that he's 'waiting' for something and once he started to move she pieces things together.

Dex-chan lover
Well in the game he wouldn't have even been at school so this specific assassination attempt wouldn't have taken place.

That being said he's been surviving these things for plenty long enough so there is no reason for her to be worrying about him. If the great big boss at the end of the plot was weak enough to die to some random guy throwing a knife from >30 feet away then it would be a pretty underwhelming boss.

Protagonist: I should break my engagement and makes the male lead hates me even more
Also Protagonist:

Even for Shoujo standard this is very bad at writing consistency
I've seen more brain dead shoujo than this (especially ones from 90s and early 2000s)

Dex-chan lover
It's pretty bad. The author basically kinda hinted her personality was supposed to be pretty smart, badass, mafia daughter. Yet, in this instance, she has 0 wis, 0 int to handle the situation. Other shoujo manga has the excuse that their fmc heads are filled with air and flowers. This one wasn't supposed to be, but acted like one. In text book fashion too.

Dex-chan lover
i was just giving this girl credit for admitting everybody in the story is a real person and not some stagnant character from the game but then she had to do the most shoujo protagonist thing of jumping into a fight to reveal something that is just going to drag her into more trouble when she didn't need to (I mean its all to prove what a good person she is but girl why did you follow him when your goal was making friendships you missed out on your last life?)

And the guy was handling the fight, he wasn't even on his last leg when she butted in and I am not convinced he couldn't handle the assassin from the window by himself, he seems like the kinda guy who could dodge the last second. it's like the FL [writer] wanted to be found out so her big secret skill her dad said would make her a target would get out

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
A problem I have with a lot of Otome stories, is having a lot of the FeMC's have zero agency. When it comes to romance, the girl become dumb for the sake of the plot, because the author can't find ways to write around reverse harem tropes. They're nosy, they get into every male character's business, and despite being strong or smart, they never manifest these traits, when it really matters.

They want to build a "strong" female protagonist, but also want them to be completely helpless and be rescued by their "love interest". You can't have the cake and eat it too, author. It's all dumb and quite obvious our FeMC will be "fixing" every male love interest's problems.

Users who are viewing this thread