The Blade of Evolution Walking Alone In The Dungeon

I feel like a read a novel with really similar premiss as this couple of years back. The mc was a healer that got the ability to get and evolve skills one of his first skills was bead making?

@thismoose
Its not that SL preceded everyone story in this genre, its just did it better than most... well the art is great and the story was mediocre, but there isn't a title in the genre better than mediocre. The other huge factor is that this is Chinese and they have a terrible track record for ripping off literally everything from brand names to patents to, yes, even manga. At one point, the even tried to plagiarize Naruto, Bleach and I presume One Piece (the first two i know for certain).

Edit: Even with all the people disparaging this, it still manages better than a 7... sad.

Dex-chan lover
How does this already have a 7.63 rating? The 2nd chapter was literally only uploaded half a day ago. How can you say something is good when it didn't even start?

@Kideuz
I cannot find the exact Chinese comic/animation in question and I think there was a bad enough response from manga community both inside and outside China that they had to purge it from existence (China also has a habit of rewriting history). A couple links below of random articles I found real quick, but I seem to recall the article I read went into detail and showed side-by-side shots to clearly show the theft.

https://www.destructoid.com/china-ripping-off-pokemon-digimon-and-naruto-in-new-show-148544.phtml
https://www.comipress.com/article/2007/07/09/2267

Story seems similar to SL with weak MC starting off low and becoming op with a ton of character development. The artwork style is amazing dho. Has a lot of potential. Let's see how this turns out

Frankly speaking it just looks like some solo leveling mix-up, but that last picture containing the word solo reminds me of return of the ranker. I still believe it isn't a rip off and actually think it is quite OK.

uhm...this remind me something...weak...dungeon...monster...hunter...leveling...uhm...i can't remember... 😀

mmmmmmmmm...è praticamente la copia di solo Leaveling, fatta male ,ma spero di sbagliarmi, o almeno anche se è simile spero mi dia le stesse sensazioni che mi ha dato "l'originale".

È la copia sputata di Solo levelling, tropo accelleraa la storia, confusione...... meglio Solo Levelling ❤️

Ok the guy has black clothes and blue eyes he uses a dagger hmmm.. reminds me of solo leveling but let's not claim it to be a copy just yet it only has 3 chapters and either way even if this was a copy I'd still read it

Double-page supporter
Everyone compares works to solo levelling, talking as if that didn't take inspiration from other works.

i just think of it as side story of SL because its on hiatus, rather than reread SL might as well read this one too

Ah yes,
giving the MC all the OPness three chapters in =)
Warning: Sarcastic rant.
I'd say this is going to be an entertaining series that will continue to give the MC countless hardships as he strives for greater, more challenging heights. These heights will of course lead to substantial character growth and plot development. There is absolutely no chance of the MC either stalling for the entire series because he's to powerful and that ruins all sibilance of logically entertaining storytelling, nor any chance of the MC becoming a literal god by chapter 10 and, again, ruining all chance of an entertaining story. Absolutely no chance of either of those two outcomes that are definitely not clear cliches brought upon by companies or singular entities witnessing the popularity of a particular series and deciding to make something "inspired" by it

Dex-chan lover
@thismoose: When you compare something you gotta do it with something else you know. Since people know something of the same genre, Solo Leveling, they compare this to that one.
Comparing things isnt wrong, whats wrong is comparing things as if there is only one original and everything else is a copy of that original. For example, there is people saying that "I am the Sorcerer King" (another series of the same genre) is also a copy of Solo Leveling, because actually their beginnings are quite similar. Just that IATSK cant be a copy of SL for the simple fact that its older than SL, but people doesnt know that or simply doesnt care, they just wanna trashtalk whatever isnt their loved series.

I always compare Solo Leveling with what happened with Naruto 20 years ago. A series that attracted great numbers of kids and casuals who become hardcore fans (the "narutards") who had the uncontrollable need to diss every other series out there of the same genre. Of course what happened with Naruto was 100 times worse than now with Solo Leveling because when a series becomes an anime it attracts a lot more kids and casuals than web novel or a comic. Those who are old enough will remember that internet forums were Hell those days...

Also, when some work is similar to another one, people shouldnt be so fixated about if its a copy or not, but about if its good or not.

Users who are viewing this thread