The Blade of Evolution Walking Alone In The Dungeon

Double-page supporter
People bring up Solo Leveling because it's probably the most popular webtoon of this specific type. This is also a clear ripoff, a bad one at that, of Solo Leveling and other similar webtoons/novels. Anyway, this shit is pretty bad. I tried it, dropped.

@revolver275
I wholeheartedly agree!
Solo Leveling is a really good book. Is it a masterpiece or a 10/10 not really. It is just like the other power leveling up manhwa that I have read. BUT the story and the pacing and the characters are what the audience really enjoy so they give it a 10/10.
Also, there is rarely any such thing as ORIGINAL lol. Everything is inspired by something and someone. OBVIOUSLY Solo Leveling ain't the one to come up with mixing dungeons and modern world with the main character to be the strongest person in the universe or whatever. For example, people still make their own shoe companies despite there being the biggest shoe company in the world, Nike. Its all about how you do it really.

But people always compare things to one another even if its entirety is from a different genre or planet lol so expect that no matter where or who.
Yeah, I be reading the comments and they complain how it's another Solo Leveling lol. I see their point bc they might want to read something new but at the same time, the book might have its own spin to it that makes it unique and even more enjoyable. Who knows I guess?

@Emallene can you enlighten me on what characters in solo leveling you're talking about? i've read the novel through completely on solo and it never gave me a reason to care about any of the characters except jin woo and maybe his mom and sister.

I said that the audience enjoys which is the masses that read Solo Leveling. I do believe that they only really care for Jin-woo and his family and friends including the people that will "follow him". However, for me, I agree with you on the characters. I haven't read the novel only the manhwa but most of the characters that are mainly in the story are either Jin-woo's enemies like: the monsters, the other many many adventurers, the opposing guilds, and most likely more. but the art also brings the characters for me ngl. I guess more power equals more trouble and more enemies with less people to care about lol

Shove solo leveling up your one dimensional edgy a**es. There i said it. I read a few of the first chapters and it was nice. Just read it for yourself and see if you like it.

Aggregator gang
@Farhadnoor There is no reason to compare to solo leveling to come to the conclusion that this manga is pretty bad. The setup, pacing, art flow, character progression, are all handled poorly. Now I have only read about the first 10 chapters, but from what I read this manga is mediocre at best imo.

This is pretty decent in my opinion, sure it has a few upsets, like it damn copied solo leveling but still, there are hella anime’s out there that copy shit for instance. How to not summon a demon lord and demon lord retry are damn near fucking identical twins. The point I’m trying to make is stop shitting on peoples dream you fucking no life’s. And your commenting bad shit that prevents people from discovering this fairly decent manga, 8/10 so far in my opinion. And I’m on 4th chap. When this manga gets more popular than solo leveling all you shit talkers better not come back dick riding.

You always have people hating something and others blindly defending like two chimps throwing shit at eachother

Forgive my ignorance but why do some scans skip chapters in translation. Subscans went fron ch25 to ch35.

Group Leader
@hentaiprix that's because they are already translated chapters... i wouldn't have done 23 or even 24 because there already are chapters that have translated versions.
my group does not have the time to release these chapters as they take as long as two days (9-12 hours per day) to make. i'm sorry to all but please just read on isekaiscans
or other aggregator sites. i will be uploading this manhua until chapter 38 where raws are out

I don't know how most manhua are so bad, seeing a decent one is rare. Somewhat decent art and introduction. Badly written protagonist, dude turns into an edgelord and somehow knows that he's strong as hell as goes fist to fist with something he wouldn't of managed instead of using his sword for some reason before after a few chapters from killing the secret boss and the teams death didn't feel that impactful towards the story. I'm not saying solo leveling is exactly original either but while solo leveling's story with dungeons in real life isn't original, it takes on it's own twist like with isekai where there's only a few that become popular once in a while like konosuba, re:zero etc it's reasonable why people think that the story is a rip off since it follows the same steps as solo leveling, it didn't have a hidden boss as frightening neither were the other monsters feel scary or at least difficult and none of that fighting didn't feel satisfying where at least the mc there had something that feels challenging. This isn't great but if you really love your generic power fantasy then reading a few chapters wouldn't be so bad. 5/10

@Kaiju
You always have people hating something and others blindly defending like two chimps throwing shit at eachother
x720

They do be fighting lol

Dex-chan lover
@imjust10pm
Add far as I'm concerned, I don't care that it copies the beginning of solo leveling. Taking inspiration and improving on something else is what people do all the time. Our at least, they try.
My problem with this title in particular is that it's bad on its own. The art is below average, the character is inconsistent, the story settings are flawed and the pace is rushed.
I stopped reading it after a few chapters, came back now to check if it's improved, and am now marking it as dropped for good.

It doesn't help that the translation team tried to advertise it as "solo leveling with fixes" when it's actually "solo leveling but way worse".

Users who are viewing this thread