The Blood Princess and the Knight - Vol. 1 Ch. 19 - A "Loli" Captain

Group Leader
Isn’t the fact that he’s actually a vampire girl supposed to be kind of the central plot element? It’s been completely irrelevant so far apart from like one scene.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, you could literally remove the alter vampire ego and nothing would impact the story development so far. Feels like a jebait so far from the prologue chapter.

Damn, shit getting interesting with a different vamp queen, wonder if she gon find out our Mc is also a Vamp....

It's still very early, he transitions very slowly, we're only halfway into Vol.1,
may I add that the vampire form will appear one more time in this volume

Dex-chan lover
So they established that he became a vampire girl just to put him as guy anymore, pretty bait and boring

Dex-chan lover
Jesus Christ I'm already at lost here. Another vampire..... I'll call you Honyopenyoko. Damn it, I'm running out of overlord references here.

Man, why are people so impatient? This is why manga are getting shittier and shittier these days. Relax, him being a vampire girl is a closely kept secret and he's not just going to be going around revealing his identity willy-nilly. The plot point is not forgotten.

Dex-chan lover
... ffs people, have some patience

it's directly stated in the novel that (s)he won't have the ability to transform forever, IE eventually there will be no more of mc's male form

Dex-chan lover
its somehow funny to see him getting angry about a vampire while still being one him self, as specialy one of a higher rank ^^

Dex-chan lover
While I don't have a problem with the story per se with regards to the blood princess almost never showing up, I will say this:

If I had bought this manhua as a vampire girl fan and I was mostly stuck with this blonde Kirito being bigoted towards vampires for the large majority of the first volume... well, I'd be seriously pissed. I don't think calling it a bait and switch is entirely unfair in that context. I also really don't find "it gets better" to be a valid defense of any work. A refrain, maybe, but it's asking the audience to go more than meeting it halfway which is not reasonable an ask in a world with no shortage of media to enjoy.

All that said I am enjoying this. Half because I do want to see that blonde Kirito humbled and forced to eat his (admittedly understandable) prejudice. I'm kind of hoping, also, that the other side isn't entirely a different person like the earlier chapter teased but him compartmentalizing his own psyche. I just wish this manhua thus far had more meat than filler.

I think a lot of people have missed the point that his hypocrisy is a major plot point of the story. He will get better and you will see his human form less and less.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't miss the point. I literally said that "it gets better" isn't a valid excuse for a story being unenjoyable. A more competent writer would leave more breadcrumbs or use foreshadowing to keep the reader assured that blonde Kirito will be eating his words. (as well as tasty blood)

I am going to stick with this because I do want to see this story and probably will enjoy it when it gets to where it's going, but I'm also 100% sympathetic to anyone who's like "nope, I'm out". That's valid and understandable.

@MidnighTea

His/her vampire and human forms are like two different sides of a coin, different attitudes, mannerisms and way of thinking, but at the end of the day both are him/her. There's a reason why there's such a difference in personality beyond "because vampire", but it's kind of a big spoiler.

Dex-chan lover
@Obarou Understood, thanks for the details. This manhua is pretty much the definition of a diamond in the rough. I find the story concept to be compelling and even inspiring but the execution thus far is clumsy to say the least. Maybe it's better in the original web novel? But I haven't found an English translation anywhere.

@MidnighTea http://shenhuatranslations.com/after-taken-as-a-prisoner-of-war-the-vampire-queen-turned-me-into-a-vampire-and-made-me-her-daughter/

Users who are viewing this thread