The Chronicles of the Misfit Quartet and Their Unrivaled Synergy - Ch. 7 - Don't Leave Me Behind

Group Leader
Which is why its weird that the thief hasn't noticed yet. Ranking up 3 times should make it at least medium.

So its likely its only 1 buff to the thief.

This is also the easiest to find out in the next chapter
The party didn't tell thief their skills yet, so thief is unaware about the mage's debuff per kill

And this monster didn't inflict actual debuff yet, so to the thief, there no debuff to test yet

Just waiting for the big “reveal” that Teto is a girl all along.

I do expect something positive out of their comp, cos so far they don’t seem to have crazy synergy; just negating the downsides would just put them at a regular group’s power plus 10% on mage, after all…
Because they negative skills, they get massive buff skills. like swordman is stronger than usual swordman due to his buff. same for thief.

Double-page supporter
I really appreciate the camraderie of this party, in other manga they would've flipped at Teto for "stealing" the kill and especially the swordsman-of-the-party would be super slighted, but here? Here Alvin just thinks Teto was damn cool while the others are like "teach me Teto-kun!". It's a very refreshing take on whole adventuring party-setup.

Dex-chan lover

I do expect something positive out of their comp, cos so far they don’t seem to have crazy synergy; just negating the downsides would just put them at a regular group’s power plus 10% on mage, after all…
Well that and having an overleveled to hell priest, realistically more than 10% better than average, not a bad deal if she's not incurring major drawbacks

Dex-chan lover
Remember this:
SrIlNo2.png
Sr0v8VQ.png
GLyXvKs.png
GsvIPvv.png

They have a lot of skills, far more than other adventurers of their respective classes, and that lets them do stuff that shouldn't be possible at their current levels. The minus is given to them to balance things. Without the downsides they are quite broken, and since that applies to every-single-member of this party...

Dex-chan lover

The thing is... aside negating each other's Minus skill... Each of them are excellent people individually.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
With their Minus skill getting negated... And then they are excellent indivdually.
I can see now that they can become the greatest party.
And technically speaking... the one who gets the most of it is Alvin. His problem was already solved from Cocolle's Minus skill, and with Melina's skill, He can still continue lvling up. Plus he gets a harem if one comments saying that Teo is a girl lol

Dex-chan lover
Let me try to understand this, the advantage of synergizing the Minus skills... Please point it out if I miss out something

Alvin = Got hit drop rate now and still get EXP

Cocolle = She share EXP to party now and still get her some. Melina's Curse (which is stat decrease) that was sent to her was negated by Teto's skills so she doesn't need to cure herself.

Melina = Her worries about party members not getting bonus kill negated + 10% increase stats buff for party.

Teto = All debuffs that supposed to be transferred to him not happening.

At the same time... all of the reasons why they get expelled/abandon/leave party has solved.

Along with everyone's talent and hard work individually. It's not exaggerating that they're S-Rank party.

Alvin = Excellent Vanguard Swordsman and has vast knowledge as adventurer
Cocolle = Pretty much a Saintess with her high lvl and advance priest skill
Melina = Sage
Teto = Excellent at his Thief role and has knowledge in dungeon or any mystery in the world.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.

I need to reread, but IIRC, swordman's debuff makes -80% drop rate
the healer debuff is to make it as if she does the kill even if someone else kills.
I think the mage's debuff is to make it so whomever get the kills get debuffed.
Thief's debuff makes it so all debuff goes to him instead. the level of debuff ranks [not multiples] by the number of people debuffed [so maxed at 1 due to healer], but also changes by drop rate increase].

So the when the frost chimera was killed, the debuff from should have gone to the healer. but she said she didn't get the debuff.
the theif didn't notice a debuff.

I think that is due to the swordman's debuff, which is -80% drop rate

Edit:
Oh, I missed this in last chapter, and reread my notes last chapter.

Chapter 6 page 38: Thief assumed Misfortune + Drop rate [Med] = Low rank debuff nullified.
Seems like there is 4 levels of rank.
Warrier is Drop rate [SP], which is 4, might cover the miss misfortune aspect or more.
So either Low or Medium rank debuff is nullified.

Mage = each kill = 3% debuff, which adds up. There was the question of how that works with thief skills since different system. Thief is rank, which mage adding.

I'm guessing the 3% debuff is consider low, so it get negated by the warror. In a normal case where they kill alot [say 20], priest would get hit by 60% debuff [3*20].
However, each debuff is sent to the thief, but negated.
The herooo

Dex-chan lover
It doesn't seem like the thief noticed the buff increase. Which means the buff from a single kill was very small single buff.

If they aoe kill a group, it should rank up like crazy.

Also, the TL on the interrupt was weird. Far less clear than what's normal for kirei.

Does hitting a weakpoint do LESS damage, but deal knockback/interrupt? Is knockback different from counterattack and hitting a weakpoint? There's three different terms, three different effects, and it's not clear which is overlapping woth what.
Could you point out which "interrupt", to be specific? I'll look into it.

There were numerous parts in this chapter that has disjointed transitions in the original Japanese dialogue, which I actually tried to iron out. The author would suddenly jump to another line of thought without connecting them, which would mess up pacing.

Dex-chan lover
Could you point out which "interrupt", to be specific? I'll look into it.

There were numerous parts in this chapter that has disjointed transitions in the original Japanese dialogue, which I actually tried to iron out. The author would suddenly jump to another line of thought without connecting them, which would mess up pacing.
Starting from page 24. "Breathing motions ceased" is clear, but awkward and doesn't connect well to the next lines. Might need localizing rather than translating.

25 is the real meat of it.
I assume the first bubble is "enough damage to stun". "Knockback" doesn't work since the attack did not target the head performing the breath.

Second bubble is some special term for counter. It needs an asterisk to link to the description at the bottom of the panel, and the description itself is poor. The condition should be along the lines of "By timing a strike within a certain window of the opponent's attack, ...." The actual effect needs to go over the source text again. "Below average damage" doesn't sound right unless the mechanics are VERY strange.

Third line is just stated awkwardly. "Is that even something you can aim for?"

Dex-chan lover
Sry but what does the swordman's -drop rate have to do with negating or lowering the debuff rank?

Group Leader
Sry but what does the swordman's -drop rate have to do with negating or lowering the debuff rank?
Thief's skill is affect by drop rate related skills. When someone with fortune or drop rate increase [medium] was in party, it increased the rank of debuff thief received. Implies decrease rank of debuff if there a negative effect.

Swordman's debuff is specifically Drop Rate Reduction [Rank Special, aka tier 4].

Fortune + Drop Rate Increase [Medium tier 2] [aka 3 tier in total] = increased debuff rank by 1
Misfortune + Drop Rate Decrease [Medium tier 2] [aka 3 tier in total] = Negate debuff of low rank

Swordman's debuff doesn't even matter since he not the one considered killing thanks to the priest.

Dex-chan lover
Let me try to understand this, the advantage of synergizing the Minus skills... Please point it out if I miss out something

Cocolle = She share EXP to party now and still get her some. Melina's Curse (which is stat decrease) that was sent to her was negated by Teto's skills so she doesn't need to cure herself.

Melina = Her worries about party members not getting bonus kill negated + 10% increase stats buff for party.

At the same time... all of the reasons why they get expelled/abandon/leave party has solved.

Along with everyone's talent and hard work individually. It's not exaggerating that they're S-Rank party.

Melina = Sage
Teto = Excellent at his Thief role and has knowledge in dungeon or any mystery in the world.

Without going back to look up the specific skills, yeah that's basically the gist of it. Through a combination of everyone's minus skills all the major drawbacks were removed or even work in the party's favor.

That leaves you with 4 people who not only have an incredible amount of skills, but who have also put in far more work than any other adventurer since they previously couldn't stay in a party.

Hopefully the manga will run long enough to show them at their full power; I know the WN and LN go past this dungeon, but I wasn't willing to sit through MTL to see what happens.

Dex-chan lover
Also, I'm just noticing it since I reread the chapter... It feels like Alvin's way of speaking changed.

Dex-chan lover
Man this plot is going absolutely nowhere at a snails pace
Really wouldnt surprise me if they added 2 more characters nobody cares about in the next 3 chapters

Melina = Sage
I was pretty sure Alvin's applied even if someone else in the party got the kill and thought it was the "Skills that exhibit effects after the kill do not resolve" of Cocolle's skill that counter his

Users who are viewing this thread