The City of Imprisoned Love - Vol. 5 Ch. 47 - "City of Ai"

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Bittersweet ending, Humanity became the matrix and now self sustaining robots control "the real world". But that doesn't matter.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, so this is what happens when "normies explode" comes true via robots and AI.

Really don't know how to feel about this series. It started off really strong but started to become hard to follow after they started going for the keys. It felt like the author kept putting in plot point after plot point without really fleshing them out, leaving the reader confused as to what happened.
I did like the ending though.

Double-page supporter
So, it's the Matrix if SkyNet wasn't bent on human destruction.

Pretty good overall. Was full of mindfucks.

Double-page supporter
@chucke1992 Uhh, mangaka started manga off by some weird premise and then couldn't live up to the mystery? You know, the standard shit.
Or maybe not, idk. I've skipped way too many chapters to be sure.

Fed-Kun's army
The series suffers what many sci-fi horrors fall into: info dumps. It was one low concept plot development after another, each more complicated than the last, and the characters became lost in the endless flurry of twists and turns they had to get out of. The horrifying existential questions beings posed would have left a mark if we actually cared about who these characters are, were, and felt about the situation, but that took a backseat to getting out of whatever current predicament they dropped into next. And worse, it barely took the time to let the explanations behind these dilemmas sink in.

But hey, most were just reading because boobies anyway!

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone explain the ending. I’m so confused right now. 😅

bruh, so all those people are still trapped in the fake world. And no one wants to go back to the real world. This is the opposite of the Matrix. It's literal AI now taking human shapes, having other humans being input into that simulation. Only to be dormant STILL, until they come back to life somehow in the world of AI. Freagin what the heck lol. The real world has AI living in it, and so does the fake World, and the real people in the real World are used as brains to server their personhood in the fake world. And this was all for a love story that ended up meaning nothing, a mystery that was better left unsolved, and everything in this manga feels like a waste of time, and it was probably the art that even kept people lol.

and so it ends

i personally want to see more of this epilogue, like what they will actually do now

Dex-chan lover
@Legend13 Real Makoto deleted himself, gave Fake Makoto all his Admin power, reset the world to 2019, and now everyone is saved and living in this fake world.

first of all, thanks for the translation. this series has been an emotional roller coaster for me, most of the time i was confused more than else, but still i loved it nonetheless, the confusion, the plot twist, the raw emotion of each character in the story. it's sad that it ends, definitely a solid 9 from me or even 10. the author capture the human drama really well and take terms 'one against self' to the next level. to whom ever that reads my comment, hope you had a good time with this manga like me. 😆

Users who are viewing this thread