The City of Imprisoned Love

what... the... fuck.... happen....

at least it's probably nearing its end.... probably... unless either the author or editor pull some stupid shit to prolong the story....

My theory on what is going on after the events of the last few chapters including chapter 33, including some theorizing on the future:

So every human on earth was put in a dream state by a A.I. The A.I could simulate everything in these dream worlds, memories, money, traveling, people, except love. So most humans killed themselves like Makoto was about to do in the fake world the patisserie created for him. Also, perhaps the A.I. went rogue and starting turning everyone who doubted the world into puppets. Only 2 humans are still alive and "thinking".

So Ai is probably an A.I as well, since she got ripped apart too, and is based off the real Ai who is either sick or dead in the real world. Maybe real Ai's brain/memories were digitized and put in the fake world. Ruka is likely an A.I, he has likely has fake memories of his mother. He has also shown exceptional cruelty by having Ai confess 564 times. Also, notice how Ruka was perfectly content letting that one puppet shoot Yukiko, until makoto sacrificed himself for Yukiko, he did not understand what sacrifice was. He doesn't know he is an Ai though. Makoto is probably real, probably had his memories of the real world blocked off. He had to leave Ai, since she was sick, while he went to shinjuki station to help old man. She wanted to go with Makoto, but she couldn't. But Makoto put her in the fake world before he left. Since Makoto and Yukiko are the only ones who have expressed love (for Ai), they are both real. i.e. the last two humans "thinking".

The fake-yukiko that is helping the old man is just an android modeled after the real yukiko. Real yukiko is someone related to old man, maybe a granddaughter or something. Old man doesn't want the android's help fixing humanity's problems, becaues that was what caused the apocalypse in the first place. Old man put Makoto and Yukiko in an isolated test environment, the city of imprisoned love. There might be others that were also put in isolated test environments, but they all failed. This is why they can't leave, because old man needs them to stay in the city for the test to save humanity.

Old man is trying to see if either the A.I., or Ai, or Ruka, can be taught to understand love. Because then maybe humanity can be saved. The 3 keys enable either makoto or yukiko to leave the city, but only 1 can leave. They will have to decide between each other who loves Ai more (or who does Ai love more) and deserve to leave more. Maybe they will both decide to decide stay in the city with Ai, and let Ruka leave. They will realize Ai is dead on the outside, or there is no saving her. And there is no saving humanity either, that ship has sailed.

Since Ruka is not real, he has no actual body to go to. Yukiko android will offer to let old man transfer Ruka's conciousness to herself. Yukiko android does not really care about living or dieing, it's just an android that exists to help the old man. It is at this moment that the A.I will understand love, by them offering to let Ruka, an A.I leave. Also, by both Makoto and Yukiko not willing to leave each other alone in city. These acts of selflessness will make the A.I understand the wrongs that it has done. Make it understand that humans need love. They will both be able to confess to Ai after this. By transfering Ruka's conciousness to Yukiko android, he will have created the first fully artificial human, capable of feeling all the emotions of actual humans, and start a new type of civiliation. Ruka is very smart and scientifically minded, and can continue the old man's work in scientific stuff. Before old man dies, he will open up the fake world to Makoto, Yukiko, and Ai, and allow them to leave the city (but still be in the fake world) and live their lives together. Android Yukiko/Ruka will simultaneously be both modern day Adam and Eve, being a male A.I. in a female android's body.

Dex-chan lover
I'm 5 chapters in and I still have no idea wtf I am reading...
Well at least now the series hasa cute boy so I'm fine with not understandign what's up

Aggregator gang
From reading the comments, I’m glad I’m not the only one that’s confused. The series is throwing a lot of information at us without many breaks and it’s getting really hard to follow this plot.

yea ngl ive been confused about this whole manga since ive started reading it all those months back. glad im not the only one

I don't really see what's confusing,I've seen much more mystery coplicated stuff,In fact I like the plot and how intense it is without having a break

Dex-chan lover
Kinda tragic. She's attached to the organisation and now kills them all because of a misunderstanding.

Dex-chan lover
@Leviathanmiuna
well, most confusing is the "flashback"(?) to the mc as old man. is this the actual reality and the world is basically "dead" since it's inhabited by humans that let machines take care of everything and he's the sole exception? or is this kinda a prophetic dream and could happen in reality if the younger version escapes from the city? and is yukiko really only there as a "lust object"? and what's up with "ai" in the first place? only an AI like her name says? what's her purpose then? she's just the mc's goal, but what's up with her exploding every time etc pp

@Leviathanmiuna It's primarily that the manga doesn't foreshadow properly, or at all. So you have a bunch of big twists that come at ya with high frequency, but very little build-up.

Aggregator gang
@Orange_Orange I agree with you on its poor foreshadowing. The biggest offender, in my eyes, is when the author reveals that Ruka is the spy the next chapter after we are told there’s a spy. Deflating the tension of who the spy would be.

Is it ending or is it going to go into maximum overdrive? The logical end would be for AI Makoto to tell Old Man Makoto that keeping Ai's brain alive like that is pretty fucked up and let her go, but I'd prefer some crazy breaking of the laws of physics and going back in time. And then aliens too.

Dex-chan lover
He made the Matrix and adapted it so it could be The dome just because he was an idiot and couldn't pull his weight on the feelings he had (still has) for the girl, leading to the tragic (read it as hilarious) events later on. Absolute peak writing.

This makes me wonder, Is this the new bar for jump series?.

Users who are viewing this thread