The Clueless Transfer Student Is Assertive. - Vol. 2 Ch. 25

Double-page supporter
Oh... Oh no...

I didn't even think about the connotation behind the name. Her classmates using that name carries with it a much more severe implication than I thought, though they may not have actually known.

I feel a bit bad for Takada now...

The most succinct and masterful 180 on a character's whole gimmick I've seen in a while. Takada-kun's empathy is beautiful

Dex-chan lover
Man, for a guy like Takada who insists he's still a kid, he can be pretty mature, unlike their classmates, who claims they know the "adult stuff".

edit: i meant Takada not nishimura, my bad

Group Leader
oh my god that just hit me hard .... the FEELS tho mannnnnnnnnn

Omg never excepted that he will understand the meaning of the name so soon, he really is a good boy 🥺

Dex-chan lover
This was a masterful moment in buildup and writing here. The "reaper" term all the kids affixed upon her was assumed to be because of her appearance. The fact of making what all the chars AND the readers thought was a minorly harmful word having far more depressing meaning is so amazing, I can't help but give kudos to the author. Even better, is despite how "dense" Takada is, he was immediately able to connect the dots at how her affixed school name and the revelation that was just given to him was incredibly(but unintentionally) cruel, and even though Nishimura never thought his perception of her was bad and doesn't blame him, he still realizes and regrets his past actions about it all. That she would still comfort him all the way back home is just so precious.... I don't know why teenager romances can't be this wholesome, straight-forward, and well crafted.

Double-page supporter
Wtf that was an awesome buildup to that moment!
He truly is a sweet kid! Her as well!

Users who are viewing this thread