The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - I've Been Taken

Dex-chan lover
>Depraved fantasies of murder
>Actually thinking about going ahead with his urges and plans
>His supposed murder weapon is... a retractable box cutter/utility knife

I laugh... but... murders in Japanese schools with such things have occurred. But, then again, that seems more like impromptu murders than planned ones. I have to concur it seems more like edgy teenage angst than true sociopath (and, yes, it's sociopathy because he thinks it's wrong/immoral). If he was that serious, he wouldn't suddenly decide to go all Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick suddenly deciding to to maybe kill her in the library with the same utility knife he and all the other students use for art projects.

I just hope it doesn't go into some campy, "Haha! But the girl you suddenly got interested in is a serial killer, the real deal and too much for you to handle!" or something of the like. Thankfully it doesn't seem like it will.

Group Leader
Will this go anywhere? Idk if it's promising or nah... Sort of feels like I've dropped this before but I don't rmb

Double-page supporter
hmmm I dont know.. Not that I enjoy reading about a MC thats murders people, but so far its just delusions. and is the girl just weird ? Anything else about her ?

Can give it a few chapters

Dex-chan lover
I hope the manga takes multiple chapters per murder, investing some thought into getting away with it. In that sense this beginning looks promising, especially if the MC does have a motive for each kill. Of course he would still be a psycho, but as I don't generally speaking like psycho stories that much, it might still allow me to keep reading if there's rationality and especially a good reason for every homicide.

Why do people think this guy actually goes and murder people, he's just your usual everyday edgelord school kid

Dex-chan lover
With my knowledge from the future (read: having read everything currently translated), I come back to the past (read: chapter 1 comments) to ponder on the great mystery of "What was she saying?"

..... She was probably asking something along the lines of "Is it okay if I eat here?" or "You won't tell anyone about me eating here, right?"

Dex-chan lover
the fuck is this hot garbage, looked great at first but now I realize it's just an edgier version of WataMote

Supporter
@definitionofinsanity: I thought the weapon choice was a bit cute, until I read about how often they're used to commit especially nasty murders in some areas, like China. I don't how many stories I've read about how some rando man or woman shows up with one at a schoolyard, and then going on a slashing rampage until forcibly detained or incapacitated. Students who have been severely bullied or are suffering other issues often crack and do the same thing inside their school. When you think about it, utility knives are relatively commonplace to obtain after all, even within the confines of a school; and they are essentially razors. Even very shallow penetration with such a thing can inflict massive blood loss.

But I digress; this kid is more of a shrinking violet than anything else.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that is one delusional little boy. Hopefully he will realize his own delusion are just a hinderance to his own life rather than a method to cope with his feelings.

Dex-chan lover
So, he is just a chuuni?
I mean, people that are saying he is a real killer never read anything with a chuunibyou

Double-page supporter
no one here seems to understand the basic premise of the boy character, i feel i have a decent understanding of him as someone who has been in a similar situation. i could totally be wrong about this tho..

the boy very clearly has issues with being an outcast/having no friends for a very long time + hes obviously not being bullied but hes not treated well. this results in a strange mindset where you end up as someone who isnt violent nor willing to kill anyone, but you do daydream about murdering/causing some sort of crime as a sort of coping mechanism. its a way to release pent up emotions without necessarily being a bad person, you know that youll never actually commit the crimes but you need some way to vent.. kids just in an awkward spot in life along with having puberty to deal with so needless to say he seems like the type to get over this is become a well adjusted human as long as his situation doesnt get worse

yeah yeah yeah i know im going to be called an edgelord for this but i just want people to atleast attempt to understand where hes coming from

Users who are viewing this thread