The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 10 Ch. 136 - I Remembered Something Important

Dex-chan lover
With how she looked at Kyo studying, I am fully ready for the author to 'reward' the main character studying hard with some relationship progress. Wouldn't be Japan without trying to 'teach' the readers that studying => good things in life happening to you heh

Dex-chan lover
Called it last chapter with the wet dream

My guess for the next bit of drama is how little time Yamada and Ichi have together

Dex-chan lover
So many Manga later and I still don't understand why the common cold is a death sentence in Japan. Nothing to Yamada - more like just manga in general, I guess - but even if my parents were home if I told them I was leaving a trip so they can take care of me due to a cold I'm pretty sure I'd be laughed out of the house. For once I'd like to see something actually concerning like "oh no, X character caught pneumonia". Something that doesn't mean I have to resist the urge to roll my eyes and, without even meaning to, downplay what's supposed to be a romantic and vulnerable moment.

Dex-chan lover
COME ON ICHIKAWA I KNOW YOU GOT THIS MAN DONT DO SOMETHING IDIOTIC COME ONE MY BOY COOOOOOME ON

Dex-chan lover
So many Manga later and I still don't understand why the common cold is a death sentence in Japan. Nothing to Yamada - more like just manga in general, I guess - but even if my parents were home if I told them I was leaving a trip so they can take care of me due to a cold I'm pretty sure I'd be laughed out of the house. For once I'd like to see something actually concerning like "oh no, X character caught pneumonia". Something that doesn't mean I have to resist the urge to roll my eyes and, without even meaning to, downplay what's supposed to be a romantic and vulnerable moment.
It's basically trope at this point, so yeah the authors are using it without second thought.
It's exaggerated and convenient plot device to create some development in between the main cast. As you often see, when one character goes down with the cold, the other comes to take care of him, which often lead to some progress in the story.
I don't think the real cold is as deadly, but if it was not portrayed in manga as such it would kinda lose the effect.

My two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread