The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 11 Ch. 144 - We Told A Lie

Supporter
Insane personal growth chapter. 10/10, made my whole fuckin' day. I'm so proud of these dorks.
I think the growth was backwards. Think about how hard Icchi's been working to keep Anna from a) crying, b) lying and, most important of all, c) having to say "I'm sorry". And he drops all that in one shot. Granted, there were massive extenuating circumstances but, man, there had to be a better way.

Dex-chan lover
jvQedNV.png

minor-spelling-mistake.gif

Dex-chan lover
lots of himejoshis i follow on twitter love bokuyaba saying its yuri, and i wasn't completely sold on that argument despite being a himejoshi myself and liking the series, but i have to admit this was yuri as hell

editing in my stance since the class is confused:

ok, so there are three points in my argument, starting off broad and vague then going to specific

1) where a lot of straight romantic comedy and drama works are defined by a progression of courtship, a majority of yuri works are more interested in the exploration of relationships that already exist, whether it be a steady couple, a pair engaged in physical intemacy despite not being official, or long term friends that can more closely share the same space than traditional boy and girl friendship would be able to allow. of course a lot of romcoms stick around after the main pair confesses (ie bokuyaba) so this is why this is a broad condition

2) yuri works consistently focus on how social forces constrain or set norms for couples. the relationship has to be negotiated to fit into a wider world because it is deemed different or bad. bokuyaba shares this as anna and kyou are right now working around how anna has to fit as a "pure actress," without scandal

3) lipstick is a traditionally feminine object. the lipstick is applied to kyoutaro, a feminizing act. the lipstick remains the focus of the scene as the kiss is also framed as a way to apply the lipstick to anna.

q.e.d. regardles of author intent, at this moment bokuyaba falls under the framing, context and content of a yuri work

Last edited:
This is peak because Ichikawa perfectly understands Yamada's feelings, he knows that she loves him more than her job but that she has to make sacrifices for her job, even though Yamada can't say it alone, that's why it's so good that Ichigawa helps her directly.
and the reason why it would affect it if it was known that Yamada had a boyfriend is because clearly people in Japan have parasocial relationships, the blonde model who has a fake account is a joke about that but is a serious problem

Dex-chan lover
My worry is Yamada always wanting to put herself first. It's becoming a trend. I get she's motivated for her career,but eventually this might come to be a problem when Ichi needs her and she has to be fully present in the moment
I see her career pulling her away.

Users who are viewing this thread