The Day I Decided to Make My Cheeky Gyaru Sister Understand in My Own Way (Fanbox 18+ Content) - Ch. 2.6 - In a Dream

Dex-chan lover
Luigi, I'm going to help you out here with a few resources to improve your work, and also explain the finer details of translation for everyone:

https://images.google.com/
https://jisho.org/
https://chat.openai.com/
http://thejadednetwork.com/sfx/search/?keyword=&submitSearch=Search+SFX&x=
https://files.tofugu.com/articles/japanese/2016-04-05-hiragana-chart/hiragana-chart.jpg
https://files.tofugu.com/articles/j...kana-chart/tofugu-katakana-chart-download.jpg

If you can't identify the text on screen (Which I suspect is often the case), you can use your computer's Screen Snip tool to take an image of the text in question. Failing that, you can capture the whole screen, then crop out all the irrelevant bits.

g0jbz6.png
You can then take that image, and paste it into Google Images:
hu5aig.png
It'll then try to do a search for the image in question:
2ym69d.png

You can then highlight the text on screen, and not only will it type it out for you in a copy-able format, but it'll also give you the option to read them out:
i8peru.png
You'll notice that, on top of everything else, it also gives you the option to "Translate" the text. I recommend you do this one you can get all the text as a first resort. Because when we do that, we find out the text on screen says
ogcqzs.png

Not "neither". And I assure you that's what she said. Alternatively, you can use ChatGPT to do the translation:
vdyzwa.png
Now, I use GPT4 (the paid version), and it breaks down the lines in great detail- even offering possible intended meanings for full sentences. It's not perfect, but AI is sometimes better than me at figuring out the impact of particles on long sentences.

For fun, I pasted in the whole exchange to ChatGPT, to see if it could actually figure out what was happening.
pnxqlt.png

It understood that not only was she providing no resistance at all, she was actually explicitly letting him know that she does, in fact, enjoy what's happening. As opposed to denying everything out of embarassment a second time.
But if you'd like to learn how to actually read Japanese, or Google Lens isn't helping you figure out what you're seeing on screen, you'll have to resort to the Hiragana and Katakana charts provided at the start, but then also, crucially, Jisho.

Jisho is an online Japanese dictionary that lets you type in Kanji with no prior knowledge of the language. Of course, you can type in the words using your Japanese keyboard setting, but in addition, it gives you three other ways of inputting Kanji: Voice, Radicals, and Drawing.

I'll be focusing on Radicals:
32u2wo.png

It turns out that Kanji are made up of a bunch of tinier parts that very often repeat across the different characters. If you identify the individual bits in the text you're reading, you can narrow down the chicken scratch more and more until you find the one you're looking for.

I assume you have some rudimentary knowledge of Japanese, so I won't insult your intelligence by telling you how to identify words.

Once you type in the character, or characters in question, you get this:
i2ft2p.png

d8a7fj.png

Next up are SFX.

For those, you're going to want to use this website: http://thejadednetwork.com/sfx/search/?keyword=&submitSearch=Search+SFX&x=

By now, you know how to identify and type in the characters, so we'll just move on to the example real quick.
dgiorp.png
Those characters are pretty hard to mistake for anything else. So typing them in will be easy. When we do that, we get this result:
jvj2c3.png
The first thing you'll notice is that it doesn't literally say "ぐしょ". That's because SFX are sometimes shortened versions of a full word. I'm no expert, but I'm guessing it's either to be cute, or to signify that they're short in duration. Either way, watch out you don't try too hard to get an exact, syllable-for-syllable match.

The second thing you'll notice is that this isn't describing an action, but rather the state of something. SFX in Japanese aren't always literally about actions, and so you end up with SFX for things like the mere wetness of a thing, or the fatness of a person.

Finally, you might also have noticed that it doesn't say "Lifts up", or any variation of that. That's because that's not what it means. :|

And to cap things off, we need to talk about context. Sometimes SFX are less about literally describing the action taking place, and more about providing context for their outcomes. Take Page 2:
3v3blh.png
If you type "ガッ" into the website, you get
jvoc41.png
Immediately, you might wonder what parts all of these violent sounds have in a scene like that. But if you pay attention, you'll notice she's drawn speed lines on the finger to show that it's moving. And with that, the SFX makes sense: He's flicking her nipple with his left hand, and the SFX is the bumping.

Also, for the record: The right hand is just rubbing her.

Putting it all together: She's drenched in sweat, he wipes her down, notices she's getting aroused. She immediately denies it, since it's her brother, until he expresses interest too. He starts touching her with both hands, with each one fondling her in a different way, and he asks which way she prefers. She says they're both just as good. In the next page, it's revealed he's been poking her with his dick the whole time. The grinding begins, he teases her for "flirting with a virgin dick" (Nothing about "lower parts" in there) then he picks up the pace, before telling her he's going to penetrate her. Make sense?

Now I won't pretend that all this is going to make your work perfect; it's still a matter of study, and practice. But I'm sure that if you follow even one of these steps, you'll see a marked improvement in the quality of your work, and make serious strides in your studies! :)
But no matter what you do, it's important to remember that the goal of of "translation" is to turn a message in one language, to the same message in another. You're either doing it, or you're not. We can talk about quality after we get to the "doing it" part.

Dex-chan lover
Take Page 2:
3v3blh.png
jvoc41.png
ge, to the same message in another. You're either doing it, or you're not. We can talk about quality after we get to the "doing it" part.
Holy shit, I just realized I made a mistake. That says "kari kari"! Which is more of a "scratch" SFX, and is way easier to actually make sense of in the scene. With all that, It was bound to happen. Just goes to show even I fuck up sometimes. ;)

I also realized I didn't ping the man of the hour!: @luigiymario2

Double-page supporter
@BuyVelomobiles

Honestly, you're the best thing out of this shitty web manga. I have more fun reading your comments than I ever got reading the garbage the author wrote.

Btw, why were you banned? I'm guessing it has something to do with you pissing people off about the fanbox hentai being cannon.

Dex-chan lover
Btw, why were you banned? I'm guessing it has something to do with you pissing people off about the fanbox hentai being cannon.
Apparently this is a violation of rule 1 (I don't know, it feels like the mod proved my point there), and this is a threat. I haven't actually been reporting anyone I've argued with, but it seems they haven't returned the favor. So a mod looked at all the reports, and acted on two of them simultaneously, leaving me no room to even react.

Double-page supporter
Apparently this is a violation of rule 1 (I don't know, it feels like the mod proved my point there), and this is a threat. I haven't actually been reporting anyone I've argued with, but it seems they haven't returned the favor. So a mod looked at all the reports, and acted on two of them simultaneously, leaving me no room to even react.
I can see how the mods would take your explanation about those cunts lying about being raped as objectionable, and making fun of people. It's a stretch, but you were kinda making fun of them by calling them "Commies who don't know how to be Human" and calling the person you were replying to a "white knight". I still don't see how what you wrote is a threat in any way. Problem is interpretation of that rule is under the discretion of the mods, and you really touched a nerve with a lot of people.

Dex-chan lover
Luigi, I'm going to help you out here with a few resources to improve your work, and also explain the finer details of translation for everyone:

https://images.google.com/
https://jisho.org/
https://chat.openai.com/
http://thejadednetwork.com/sfx/search/?keyword=&submitSearch=Search+SFX&x=
https://files.tofugu.com/articles/japanese/2016-04-05-hiragana-chart/hiragana-chart.jpg
https://files.tofugu.com/articles/j...kana-chart/tofugu-katakana-chart-download.jpg

If you can't identify the text on screen (Which I suspect is often the case), you can use your computer's Screen Snip tool to take an image of the text in question. Failing that, you can capture the whole screen, then crop out all the irrelevant bits.

g0jbz6.png
You can then take that image, and paste it into Google Images:
hu5aig.png
It'll then try to do a search for the image in question:
2ym69d.png

You can then highlight the text on screen, and not only will it type it out for you in a copy-able format, but it'll also give you the option to read them out:
i8peru.png
You'll notice that, on top of everything else, it also gives you the option to "Translate" the text. I recommend you do this one you can get all the text as a first resort. Because when we do that, we find out the text on screen says
ogcqzs.png

Not "neither". And I assure you that's what she said. Alternatively, you can use ChatGPT to do the translation:
vdyzwa.png
Now, I use GPT4 (the paid version), and it breaks down the lines in great detail- even offering possible intended meanings for full sentences. It's not perfect, but AI is sometimes better than me at figuring out the impact of particles on long sentences.

For fun, I pasted in the whole exchange to ChatGPT, to see if it could actually figure out what was happening.
pnxqlt.png

It understood that not only was she providing no resistance at all, she was actually explicitly letting him know that she does, in fact, enjoy what's happening. As opposed to denying everything out of embarassment a second time.
But if you'd like to learn how to actually read Japanese, or Google Lens isn't helping you figure out what you're seeing on screen, you'll have to resort to the Hiragana and Katakana charts provided at the start, but then also, crucially, Jisho.

Jisho is an online Japanese dictionary that lets you type in Kanji with no prior knowledge of the language. Of course, you can type in the words using your Japanese keyboard setting, but in addition, it gives you three other ways of inputting Kanji: Voice, Radicals, and Drawing.

I'll be focusing on Radicals:
32u2wo.png

It turns out that Kanji are made up of a bunch of tinier parts that very often repeat across the different characters. If you identify the individual bits in the text you're reading, you can narrow down the chicken scratch more and more until you find the one you're looking for.

I assume you have some rudimentary knowledge of Japanese, so I won't insult your intelligence by telling you how to identify words.

Once you type in the character, or characters in question, you get this:
i2ft2p.png

d8a7fj.png

Next up are SFX.

For those, you're going to want to use this website: http://thejadednetwork.com/sfx/search/?keyword=&submitSearch=Search+SFX&x=

By now, you know how to identify and type in the characters, so we'll just move on to the example real quick.
dgiorp.png
Those characters are pretty hard to mistake for anything else. So typing them in will be easy. When we do that, we get this result:
jvj2c3.png
The first thing you'll notice is that it doesn't literally say "ぐしょ". That's because SFX are sometimes shortened versions of a full word. I'm no expert, but I'm guessing it's either to be cute, or to signify that they're short in duration. Either way, watch out you don't try too hard to get an exact, syllable-for-syllable match.

The second thing you'll notice is that this isn't describing an action, but rather the state of something. SFX in Japanese aren't always literally about actions, and so you end up with SFX for things like the mere wetness of a thing, or the fatness of a person.

Finally, you might also have noticed that it doesn't say "Lifts up", or any variation of that. That's because that's not what it means. :|

And to cap things off, we need to talk about context. Sometimes SFX are less about literally describing the action taking place, and more about providing context for their outcomes. Take Page 2:
3v3blh.png
jvoc41.png
Immediately, you might wonder what parts all of these violent sounds have in a scene like that. But if you pay attention, you'll notice she's drawn speed lines on the finger to show that it's moving. And with that, the SFX makes sense: He's flicking her nipple with his left hand, and the SFX is the bumping.

Also, for the record: The right hand is just rubbing her.

Putting it all together: She's drenched in sweat, he wipes her down, notices she's getting aroused. She immediately denies it, since it's her brother, until he expresses interest too. He starts touching her with both hands, with each one fondling her in a different way, and he asks which way she prefers. She says they're both just as good. In the next page, it's revealed he's been poking her with his dick the whole time. The grinding begins, he teases her for "flirting with a virgin dick" (Nothing about "lower parts" in there) then he picks up the pace, before telling her he's going to penetrate her. Make sense?

Now I won't pretend that all this is going to make your work perfect; it's still a matter of study, and practice. But I'm sure that if you follow even one of these steps, you'll see a marked improvement in the quality of your work, and make serious strides in your studies! :)
But no matter what you do, it's important to remember that the goal of of "translation" is to turn a message in one language, to the same message in another. You're either doing it, or you're not. We can talk about quality after we get to the "doing it" part.
Sick read and I can see by the X's that some people are still in denial 😂
Thanks for the hard work

Dex-chan lover
I got a warning on here for disagreeing with someone who replied to me first and harassed me but I supposedly harassed them when I said their argument was stupid 🙄

Double-page supporter
I got a warning on here for disagreeing with someone who replied to me first and harassed me but I supposedly harassed them when I said their argument was stupid 🙄
That's the problem with the rules on here - they're completely under the interpretation of the mod that reviews the complaints. Sure. he made them look stupid by making fun of their arguments, but it was still a civil discussion. He didn't make light of rape but explained how some women can ruin people's lives by making false rape charges. Men literally had to sign consent forms in many US universities just to kiss and have sex. Can you imagine being in the moment then having to interrupt everything just to look for a pen to sign a stupid consent form?

And the only personal attack I can see was calling him a white knight. As if that was the one of the worst things you could call someone. I've basically been called evil and a monster for making fun of refugees and calling for genocide -- even though I never said any of those things -- by someone who just wouldn't stop making things up -- over a stupid manga. Did I report him and try to get him banned? No. Instead, I just gave up on him after calling him out for making things up, and walked away. People here can be so sensitive these days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread