The Days After the Hero’s Return - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Way to Use a Hero's Magic

Dex-chan lover
I lost my shit a little with what he did in Mia's room.

I'm trying to keep my powers a secret? Better put on a literal magic show with her mom there. Oh, and I should continue to randomly give away the accessories I've made explicitly for profit since I have money problems without any advertising pitch, branding, or even making them aware I have an online store for them. I'm sure they'll drive tons of customers to my store that way! Also I've enchanted all of the accessories with magic, not just the ones for people close to me; that'll keep my secret safe!

Satisfaction.
This is how a return from isekai should be. Even the simplest magic can be amazing.

Dex-chan lover
@twinklecake yes I am American, so when speaking of experience I felt it was important to know the context I'm drawing my observations from.

Any given singular example is not particularly irrelevant to a statistical tendency, so you're also dumb by trying to make yourself relevant there. You're talking about your own parents, two specific people out of 7.8 billion, presented from the blatantly biased and therefore unreliable perspective of their offspring, to somehow counteract a point I'm making about a country famous for its people overworking themselves to the point of physical and/or mental failure and the cultural origins of this phenomenon and then not even really addressing the point.

Normally this is the case, but you in fact pointed out two specific children, in the manga, as being an unrealistic portrayal of reality. Thus, to prove you wrong, I just needed a single real life example to disprove your claim that these two children behaving and apologizing to each other was unrealistic. For disproving a claim, all you need is one counterexample. If your claim is that generally, kids are not this mature then you may be right, but in Japan, this level of maturity in children is a lot more common than what we might see in Western civilization.

It's also fully irrelevant to the phrase "children are meant to be a handful" because a kid who's being quiet and doing as they're being told is utterly different from a kid who doesn't need to be paid attention to.

You're moving the goalposts. Who said that children need to be quiet and do as they're told? The manga scene just had children apologizing to each other and you said that was unrealistic. Children can be free, expressive, happy, while still being mature and admitting their mistakes at the same time.

As for saying kids can be more mature than children, yes, technically they can, but if it's something that happens to the degree where it's anything but an extreme minority of child-adult pair comparisons, obviously something is wrong with either the children you know, the adults you know, or you just don't really understand the meaning of the word "maturity".

When you've been to the ghetto, the projects in America, you can see how tragic the case of "adults" are. If you had the slightest amount of respect, rather than insinuating that I don't understand maturity you could have just asked me how I defined maturity. I define maturity differently depending on the context, so in a child vs adult comparison, I'm obviously not using maturity as in an accumulation of life experiences. In this case, I'm using maturity as someone who can admit wrongdoings, has emotional control, acts selflessly, and demonstrates empathy. Japanese parents and their collectivistic society all reinforce these values, so seeing two children apologize to each other is nothing "unrealistic". You changed the argument to be Japanese childrearing behaviors are harmful, which can be debated, but all I was saying was that the two children acting mature is normal and should be expected when parents invest a lot of time into their children to instill good values.

Anyway, aside from the blatant disrespect it was an enjoyable discussion. I'd like to stop it here as I believe we've already said most of our points.

Dex-chan lover
At last we will see a fight in this series, I hope he gonna summon his harem army.

Dex-chan lover
@firosahoge I mean, I dunno what to tell you if you thought my example was that literally every single child in the world is not as obedient as this. Maybe it was failure of communication on my part, but I'd think it would fall under common sense that no, I don't think that it's actually physically impossible for kids to be this obedient and reflective when I say something along the lines of "I wish kids were this obedient", since there's a silent, context-based addendum of "in general" that people understand is there but goes unsaid because if we were that linguistically precise about everything it would take 5 minutes to say the even the simplest of things.

What you label "moving the goalpost" is me addressing your sub-argument of "I was raised well because me and all my many siblings were obedient and harmonious" which is illogical in and of itself, even if it was a fully irrelevant argument besides. A double fallacy, as it were.

Ghettos are something being wrong with the adults to the point where something is wrong with the kids there by default, so again, a fully faulty example when it comes to what constitutes good parenting by the standards of people who actually have time to properly parent, instead of spending an amount of effort that shouldn't have had to be necessary in 2020 just on basic survival. If you're going to raise kids from dysfunctionally poor families as a point of comparison, you should probably not call goalpost shit on me anyways.

My original argument was that a kid immediately bucking to the intervention of a stranger with magic tricks is not necessarily indicative of healthy thinking, especially in the context of Japan, and therefore not necessarily a good thing, but I'll cop to poor communication skills on my part there.

You're right that I absolutely don't have a whole lotta respect for you. It's a thing that you earn and aren't entitled to by default, not by my book, and an overvalued commodity besides. Have a nice day.

Double-page supporter
Good Job MC, you made a sad loli smile, you made me proud

I hope the manga won’t become as slow as the novel. After the next arc which is cool and exciting, we get a REALLY boring ass motorcycle roadtrip arc. The author is obsessed with motorcycles and it shows in the novel. I genuinely hope they either omit it altogether or condense it for the manga.

Aggregator gang
I love how the translator are so on point in each little jokes, it makes reading this fluffy comedy manga more entertaining. 😂

Even though we got some villains appearance, I kinda got a gist that everything will be solved comedically.

Can't wait to see how MC deal with it. 😂

So, was it a double release this month or were they behind by a month?

Villain:"Why did you bring a fist to a gun fight"
Mc:"I don't know, why did you bring a gun to a magic fight"
Villain: ":0"

Users who are viewing this thread