The Demon King's Daughter Is Way Too Easy - Vol. 2 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
@Volttekka They are the clean up crew that will have its existence denied in the future when the demons claim reparations for the genocide of many demon villages

They wouldn't send the demon hunting group because the group is too busy committing genocide to just attack a ruler

Fed-Kun's army
White makes no sense... After all that with her about the hero Justy...now she doesn't even seem to give a damn about him...? The change makes no sense... :/

@Kami_Nana She's a yuri-bait cockblock character, the author designed her that way from the start. The incongruence makes no sense indeed but it is what it is.

Double-page supporter
@Kami_Nana

It's possible for a person to care deeply about someone without being in love with them. From what we know she regards the hero as a close friend so it is understandable she came over to rescue him. I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

Double-page supporter
@Kami_Nana

So.. how was she portrayed? Because to me, it seemed like someone who was worried about a friend, nothing more suggestive than that other than the fact that this genre usually has harems. Go back and look at her expression. It was just dark, not specifically jealousy or anything like that.

@Kami_Nana @Geohie Right. So I went back to chapters 5 and 12 to investigate better. At CH5 the Priestess shows signals of relief and worry over the Hero still being alive (this can be considered either love or friendship, it's not clear) and decides to investigate. At CH12 she says: "The demons must have seduced my dearest Justy away" and "Release my dearest Justy from your hold, otherwise I'll purify every last one of you" with a serious face. Hmm, it's a weird choice of words for just a mere friend so this can be implied (baited) as feelings of love, but her real motives to wanting Justy back still aren't clear, just implied. The rest is as you guys know.

To me it's clear now that the author just baited people with his choice of exposition and portrayal over her character. After she becomes a member of their party, we don't see any revelant interaction between her and Justy, not even a good talk so we can finally understand her real motives for wanting to find him, so the bait is even more evident. With that said, I still consider her character as a yuri-bait pandering/cockblock character and this is even more apparent by the newest chapter. Yes, I understand that this is a fun romcom not meant to be taken seriously, I just wanted to share this with you guys. Cheers!

Fed-Kun's army
@Kingseeker Well, even if she wasn't in love with him as first implied(which is bullshit)...it's still inconsistent as you pointed out yourself how much she worried about him before...to nothing afterward. It's hack writing no matter how you spin it. Inconsistent characterization is annoying as hell and shows how bad a writer is if they can't even portray them in a consistent manner. Too me, it's not baiting...it's changing an already established character to appeal to a niche fandom(yuri). It's pandering.

@Kami_Nana Yeah I think it's a mix of both bad writing and baiting, since the author could've just portrayed her the way she was meant to be portrayed (by his standards) in the first place if he wanted. I didn't want to say it tho because I actually like the author's previous works but oh well.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kingseeker Kinda like me being a huge fan of Elfen Lied...but, not really caring for any of Okamoto Lynn's other works even though I tried to give them a chance... >.<

Users who are viewing this thread