The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 10

Fed-Kun's army
Ohohoho nice.. the duke start to feel really comfy with our duchess...
come more often for tea and fall for her...ufufufu...

so being bullied make her bully our MC ? so pitiful...hope Karma soon comes for her. :<

Dex-chan lover
This Head Maid is surprisingly willful for lack of a better word despite being put in her place multiple times by the Duchess.

The devil works hard, but that headmaid is working harder to get herself into troubles. It seems like she's desperate for recognition and projecting her own frustrations and insecurities onto Chloe through bullying... Makes sense though, bullies really are like that, but some smarter ones would be more manipulative and fake it to make the victim unaware of it, or at least stay low when it's exposed in order to avoid getting into troubles.

@Vikingboogers , I think it's largely because nobles of higher status can employ non-family-head-successor nobles's children (generally means children that is not the 1st son, they don't have nobility status after becoming adults unless having great achievements and given the status, or married to a noble) as important subordinates in their house, like head-butler, headmaid, personal knight, knight captain, secretary/assistant, advisors etc. In this case, it's probably a not really influential/rich/powerful Count's daughter working for a Duke as a headmaid. In some cases, it's quite honourable for lower nobles to have their less-important children to work for higher nobles because it forms a connection, especially if the higher nobles are esteemed and powerful ones.

So this "I got bullied so I gotta teach this new kid a lesson and bully her to feel better about myself" head maid with awful personality still hasn't learn anything from all those experiences during childhood and worse didn't learn her place in the mansion she's a fcking maid how can she trash talk the duchess like that in front of other people moreover. So done with her shit attitude. Will never feel sorry for whats eventually coming to her.

@Vikingboogers actually it's possible. I mean she is just the second daughter of the count. And the husband is the duke, really rich duke. So for her to work for him until marriage (for example in order to have more dowry) shouldn't be weird unless her family is really rich.

Fed-Kun's army
thanks for the chapter!!! i really do wish that awful head maid would get what she deserves already. but look, chloe & the duke getting closer hehe

Chloe should just fire the head maid and any hostile staff. I’m sure it would be beyond easy to replace them as a rich duchess.

Dex-chan lover
lol since she's a loser at her childhood when a bigger loser came to neighborhood she became elated and bully the hell out of MC to ease her frustration

@Vikingboogers butlers and head maids sometimes do administrative task and entertaining noble guest. Somethings that requires a certain level of etiquette and education. Being from noble families but not being successors make children not inheriting the house perfect for the line of work.

So she is probably not good enough to be the maid in palace, she became maid at the Duke household and bullied the Duchess? Or she wanted to be the Duchess, becoming a head maid in order to be in the same place as the Duke, but the Duke chose to marry the current Duchess instead.

Yare yare.

Aaaahh~~so cuteee!! But i really dont care bout this stupid maids childhood. No one give two poops

The revelation that Chloe and the head maid are around the same age is quite shocking. I thought she was at least five or ten years older than the duchess. The rage and madness, plus jealousy, must corrupt her skin

Good to know that the duke enjoys his tea time with Chloe :D

as for the head maid,, ehhhhh

Double-page supporter
Oh joy, a head maid former noble. No wonder she's such a pretentious piece of poop

Aggregator gang
I think the 'light' was Chloe being a much easier target and the head maid happily joined in the bullying the minute it wasn't directed at her. She would then gain a sense of superiority from Chloe's 'inferiority' and bullied her after she was married so she wouldn't 'forget her place' and get a 'swelled head' from being married to a Duke. She probably had a hand in Chloe's first attempt at a social gathering failing, too.

Users who are viewing this thread