The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 18

That's really horrible...I really can't respect people who allow others to take the blame

Dex-chan lover
@MangoDude @liszst She does remember what Chloe did, not bowing to her was a sign of deep disrespect but all she said to her about it was that she understood why. Yes her earlier comment about being rude was kinda backhanded given the circumstances but that's kinda what noble ladies do. they fight with verbal lashes and backhanded compliments.

Dex-chan lover
60 lashes? 60?!/b] Okay, I'm going to assume that this world doesn't do lashing on the order like the British Royal Navy (where it was done with a cat-o-nine-tails and 20 would be tantamount to a death sentence) or the Old Testament (which limited the number to 40 with a hide rope, thanks Deuteronomy), but 60?! Holy shit, woman, why didn't you demand a lower sentence?!

Dex-chan lover
Wow...if that maid is actually capable of forgiving Chloe for framing her and doing nothing when she was being punished with 60 lashes which left scars on her legs....then she's really an ANGEL. Gosh, that was no accident, and could have totally been avoided. Moreover, that maid was probably not one of those who bullied her... Amazing that she still stayed in that mansion. I am hella mad right now ;A;

Tbh annoyed at Chloe...can’t she just apologize to the maid? Like wtf 60 whips for doing nothing wrong

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
i've been set up by people i called friends, but never the consecuences were 60 GOD DAMN LASHES! It doesn't matter what kind of whip they used, i can only hope they lashed her everywhere, because if not, she must have pieces of her body missing.

I knowww😩😩 Since new Chloe decided to take up the responsibility of OG Chloe, I hope she can apologize to Jacklyn in her place bc she sure needs it.

Fed-Kun's army
Dude HARD YIKES on this chapter. Isn’t she supposed to remember everything the past Chloe did?Past Chloe did something wrong and FRAMED a person who couldn’t defend themselves and who still has scars to prove it. Jacklyn treated her slightly rudely because she held an entirely justifiable grudge and Chloe still made backhanded remarks about rudeness? Present Chloe owes Jacklyn a goddamn apology if nothing else, honestly it’s the least she could do.

@frenchfry Regardless if she's right or wrong, since Jacklyn works under her, she can't afford to be rude. It's within Chloe's right to scold if she's being rude. That aside, Chloe is using her own ways to show she changed. Going to the person and saying 'I'm sorry' out of nowhere after doing such horrible thing might only be seen as empty words. Specially considering the type of person the previous body owner was. If anything, it would just increase the maid's hate. 'Do you think what I went through can be dismissed with a simple sorry?' that's what I'd think at least.
So, rather than words, it's better to use actions. Treat them nicely, show your sincerity, look them in their eyes. Someday they might accept you. If not, it's not their obligation either.
However, regardless what happened, the relationship of employee and employer still remains. As duchess, Chloe is in a position that she can't simply afford to take insults from others who work to her, no matter how justifiable they are.

Fed-Kun's army
@SuperDumpling I disagree. An apology, even if it seems superficial, can go a long way, especially when it is from a master to a maid. It shows that Chloe is willing to let go of their pride and admit to their wrongdoings. Especially in this case, when it was such a horrible thing to do--framing the maid and allowing her to be whipped 60 times? After something like that, going up to the maid and treating her nicely out of the blue without even acknowledging what happened just looks so fake and, to be honest, cowardly. In my opinion, this maid is way too nice for just accepting that.
Chloe needs to own up to her mistakes (or rather, show remorse for OG Chloe's actions) with an apology if she wants to be seen as a decent human being. I just lost all my respect for her with this chapter.

honestly i love the genre of transmigration and reincarnation, and these characters are usually either super relatable or fun and likeable. but for the life of me i just cant like Chloe or Park or whoever they are now as a combo. Like from ch 1, she goes from major kiss ass to slapping her employees. Shes supposed to be a woman of modern times! And now after a week of petty bs shes slapping her employees and shes just ok with that? If you dont like their attitude or work you fire the person, you have that power as duchess and it leaves the same impact. But no, straight to slapping cause thats cool, we all have an experience of getting slapped by our boss, amirite?

and her whole sudden shift to "i spent my life being walked on, now ill do the walking" is just so sudden and twisted. I just cant like her. and no she didnt explicitly say that but her actions in the first chs give that message. I'll give her some credit for not giving a halfassed apology to the maid she had whipped, but really her back handed comments about disrespect is so messed up it cancels out the "i understand", cause do you? do you really, she was whipped, asked a question in a tone you didnt like a year later, and you making comments about disrespect but act like you understand? i cant with her

And the duke too, i cant stand him, hes too distant from the matters of his own home and is clearly bad at choosing a people. Maids who insult and bully their boss? A wife who is unable to handle the responsibility of duchess? You are a duke, finding someone to either just look the part, or do their job without falling in love should be easy with your resources and you're history as being someone super scary and kinda undesirable because of it.

The only acceptable character is maybe the butler? but hes on thin ice with knowing the duchess was probably lying cause of her personality and still brutally whipping a maid.

I want to finish cause im starved for content and i want to get what ppl talk about but god i really dislike the ppl written.

Double-page supporter
This chapter has plot holes/moral questions that is just :///

@ fucn basic the only acceptable character here might just be the maid ellie or the knights lol idk

the butler is much better imo than the duke
and I had like a generally good first impression of the mc but now I just cant stand her
(and she couldn't fire anyone, because she only had an empty title, her rights to the household was taken away)

Contributor
To be honest... If the person who caused me to be sent outside to be whipped horribly in the past was all like, "Of course I know all the names of the people in my mansion, because we're all a big family, tee-hee," as it should seem from the maid's perspective... I'd probably rupture a blood vessel.

I have some sympathy for the previous-version-of-Duchess' bad behavior here. Someone having nervous breakdowns, backed into a corner, panicked with no allies in sight, and just not capable of handling any of it... Yeah, of course they're going to make bad choices and thrash about wildly. If it turns out she was totally fine with the result that would be another story. Either way, as it is it sounds like it was rather some kind of negative-feedback-loop personal-hell for everyone involved. Poor everyone, really.

Double-page supporter
And the maid is now okay with this?
What the fuck? Getting falsely accused then whipped so hard that the Marks are still there 6 months after, and she reacts just like that?
Wow. No fucking way.
Fuck chloe, she deserved what she got and deserved more bullying, good thing she died and park reincarnated in her body.

Dex-chan lover
I like this growth. I can't wait to see more about the staff and duchess

Wtf Chloe, I did understand that she was dumb, to to the extent. It's a miracle the maid was only rude to her, and didn't, for example, mess with her food.

Users who are viewing this thread