The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 31

His dad would've been in prison if he was in our reality.
or murdered by my hands

Double-page supporter
@eminyan

It was 11 months in a closet. That's enough info you will ever need. If he is rich, influential and most importantly is convince that what he is doing is correct, why the need to hide it?

I don't think you grasp the importance of the weight an only male heir carries in a feudal/ancient society. History is full of nobles despairing they couldn't have a male heir - see Henry VIII. History is also full of Emperors that - against better judgment - did not kill their sons, which were obviously monsters and would destroy everything they touched. What I'm pointing to is that a father that did something like this Lord would be clearly seen as insane for endangering his bloodline.

Fed-Kun's army
A woman who has been mistreated and bullied “knows nothing about misfortune”...? What the hell, man.

Duke gets a pass. MC, please take care of your husband.

I’m used to MLs having a tortured past to explain their darkness. But to have the torture past and not get revenge...shit. Boy gets a pass.

The poster who said that 11 months imprisoned alone would kill a human... you’d be shocked by how long people are kept in solitary confinement in various prison systems, in very small rooms, and in what conditions. It won’t necessarily kill you... but it is torture, and many prisoners commit suicide even after they’re released.

this took kind of a shocking turn, wasn't expecting it at all... honestly i'm most happy about the fact his aunt sincerely cares about him and did her best to help him after that situation. kinda hit home. my eyes are sweating haha

Wow, wasn’t expecting that severity at all. And now my eyes are wet from reading their inner thoughts. Please be happy and free to smile Alphonse ~

you're a wizard, alphonse!

So he's harry potter at the dursleys, got it.

Idk the writing seemed unnecessarily edgy and evil. Almost comical enough to make fun of.

Ludwig... I was hoping that you would die in Alphonse's hands but your luck is something else. May you rot in deepest inferno.

Fed-Kun's army
so your saying the Duke's only son disapeared from high society for almost a year and no one said or did anything ?

also he didn't change his hair, didn't loose weight (yes he did have 3 meels but can you have any appetite is that situation?), and his health condition werre all fine (without even seeing the sun and being in a small space)?

Are you sure there wasn't any mistake somewhere in the translation ? if not the Author is amazingly stupid... I'm sure over history there is more than a thousand more believable way to torture him...

Also... "beautiful"? really ? is that how you discribe a child abuse ? "your life is beautiful" ?
at least say something about courage or his strength will or something....

@Mira995 She specifically said that Alphonse was beautiful for not letting such a traumatic childhood define him. Instead he showed resilience and character by becoming a stronger person different from his father's teachings. Besides I highly doubt Ludwig was someone who other people even nobles could talk freely to or maybe they assumed the worst knowing the previous duke about Alphonse's disappearance.

Fed-Kun's army
Major props to Lady Mason too, she must have tried to help rehabilitate Alphonse after his abuse I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread