The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 52

Me enjoying the new chapter
rs_1024x759-150817131955-1024-kermit-lipton.jpg

@anondeplume oh that’s interesting! I’m white American and for the longest time growing up, the only tea I ever drank was sweet iced tea. My mom really liked green tea but I didn’t really appreciate it until college. Now I like peppermint and macha, but a lot of green teas still taste too grassy to me.

I looove black teas. Earl Grey and Chai are my favorites. They tend to be flavorless if you’re buying the wrong brands. The best cheap store brand I’ve found is Tazo, but if you have a local shop that sells loose leaf tea, go there and have them recommend something.

Maybe I’ll give rosehip another try 😅

@testrealms

Oh that’s interesting too! I usually drink EG black but chai with milk and honey. Interesting, interesting....

Side note: I really wish managadex would figure out a better comment section lol

Thanks for the translation!

The art for this series is lovely as always, but lately the story has been a bit... I'll be honest and say I really don't care about tea in the slightest so I find these chapters dedicated to the flavours of tea pretty boring. Lovely to look at though! And I suppose it develops the characters in its own way.

What's going on? Haven't I already read this chapter long ago? Are the chapters reusing some of the same themes? Is this totally new development, or am I crazy to think I have already read about "tea on dessert" in this story before this chapter?

Acho meio difícil achar algo que é comum e ao mesmo tempo único XD na própria definição único é algo incomum

I was thinking matcha tea cause she likes green, but can't remember if she already served that before

Sometimes I like this manhwa because the drama emphasis is on our ml brooding about which tea people would like better. Like seriously — look at how what all the dramatic pauses in this issues are for. But it’s a nice light hearted comic about a subject I like, with a cute couple, so I have no issue with this.
Also an earl grey affrogato sounds amazing. I need to get vanilla ice cream asap.

For the ppl who dropped this, can you read the title? 😁

I don't really mind about tea lectures, it's actually refreshing to know all kinds of tea from around the world. though I'm not an avid tea drinker either, I do actually enjoy some of em, my favorite would be peach tea, I've never tasted earl grey tea, would like to try some one day

Tbh it's pretty weird because for once I read manhwa but I'm not really into the romance, on the contrary I'm more eager to know about the tea recipes and her achievements

Dex-chan lover
I like the chill vibes this series has. At least not every chapter is the MC figuring out a way to avoid death lmao.

Alphonse thooo she just left him behind like that? I'm rooting for u boi, go get your wife!

Dex-chan lover
I have a real curiosity, it takes a considerable amount of time to have enough sales to consider flushing the market with new products. has no other store, a competing store cropped up such as 1) a foreign competitor, though customers might not be as fond with an unfamiliar face. there is also the talk of property but it would be a good idea to have rumors about a "legitimate" store cropping up. 2) considering this is a misogynistic society (if I recall there was some prejudiced when she wanted to open her own store), has no man try buying out tea from private sellers (such as the one that just visited Chloe some chapters ago), and attempt to sell tea (even if they have no knowledge, it's a trending product). you can say that even when the products are foreign, as long as Chloe is marketing it as a trend, then it should be fine to risk it as a investment.
this story... kind of lacks depth, but there is some consideration... "not my cup of tea", hmmm... does that expression comes from early grey tea? BUT there is an obvious issue. I've seen real tea lovers in comment sections dissect and pick out the details of this series, and her business seem to have plot armor. forget about how weird it was to "school someone about hygiene". the fact that the only scuffles she faced is the "customer taste", which I have to say, doesn't really matter given that it's just her own ideals to want people to genuinely like it- no third party has screwed her over except ofc her loving husband.
Chloe has an immense monopoly on the tea market even if it's her own ideas, no wonder why she's overworked. it's a little unsettling how fast these products get out. it's glaringly obvious that she isn't going to face repercussions from this new investment

I'm just here waiting for Lady Grey, seems like it would be the natural solution

Users who are viewing this thread