The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 53

Red lips is a cringey name but i don't get the embarassment associated with saying it out loud. Or maybe I'm just shameless

the name is indeed weird for a tea but why are they embarrassed to say it out loud lol. and she should have just named it deep red kiss if she wanted to go with something like that bc the name sounds like lipstick brand

“red lips” is the most cringe inducing and mood ruining tea i’ve ever heard of. what goes through ur mind to name it something so,,,weird?? i wouldn’t even say that to a cashier tbh. maybe if it’s a themed drink but nah just TEA? she needs to have someone with common sense go through her tea names before letting her choose one eughk

BP

Fed-Kun's army
@icarushector Loose leaf tea is easy man. It's brewed just like regular tea but you need a tea strainer or filter to hold the tea while you're brewing. Also, blending tea just refers to adding ingredients to the tea before brewing like roses, mint leaves...etc (though some have to add the ingredients before the tea is sold and oxidized, just as its harvested)

@icarushector To play devil's advocate here to be fair to the author time consuming does not equate to hard. I can take an entire day copying a book by hand. It's time consuming but it's not exactly hard. Maybe the author meant that when he said it's easy.

If you go on bato and read the Duchess with an empty soul around chapter 50 or 55 they upload the Duchess 50 tea recipes, and it starts from this chapter and continues for about 20 chapters or so

If it was me, i'd name it... "Lover's Tongue" or "Bloody Mary" or "Crimson Princess" instead. These will be it's name candidates.

And no, i'm not joking about it's cringe sounding name, i dunno why but those will be the name for that tea. Yeah, i have terrible naming sense...

No, wait... Now that i think about it, "Lover's Tongue" sounds like an aphrodisiac, condom, stamina potion/remedy or something...

It sounds like want an original name but turned out completely cringy for a tea to hear, lol it should gained a codename Blushing Tea as the customers were little bit shy to name the tea

Personally, Red Lips isn’t that cringey of a name but I can see why it can be embarrassing to say...

Dex-chan lover
Wheeze I was like
Hearts. Love. Passion. Sunset.
Maybe even Merry Berry.
Nope.
Red lips

If you want to try red lips in real life, try Twinings' four red fruits tea variant. It's black tea flavored with cherry, redcurrant, strawberry and raspberry. This chapter immediately reminded me of it.

It's my favorite among twinings tea i've tried, so aromatic~

Double-page supporter
@All-is-fine haha I love your names! smth with crimson would be so cool. But I think if she named it something similar to "Bloody Mary" I feel like that would be so controversial for this time period hahaha

Dex-chan lover
lying about the tea... my dude your wife is enthusiastic, but be honest. it's not like she's asking if she looks good in a dress, more importantly this is tied with her business motive which she explicitly says so. you even acknowledge that she must have put in a lot of effort to make your cup, be honest. you haven't sealed the deal yet so it's fine if there are discrepancies in your relationship.
I'm going off my other tangent last chapter. but the author misses an opportunity for love to fix a shortcoming, it's typical but it especially resonates when you have someone look out for you, support you when you've had a mishap. I'm feeling anxious that the author is building her up to tear her down. the pacing is odd and I think they could've dragged out the experimental process... and she could have asked her maid to accompany her to try the tea during that time period. what about the supporting character?!
tbh even the creepy prince has more complexities than our protagonist...
not only that, it really has only sold because she is famous. no one has mentioned how they like it...

thanks TL! I really do adore the little sound effects. I enjoy the story as much as a reader but I'm critical of the things that I like. I feel if this story could be executed better. the premise and the concept is interesting, and I would never take the time to look at tea if this didn't introduce this to me.

@IrregularPerson umm I cba to read all that but just the first part. I don't get what you mean, he said he liked the tea. When did he lie?

Users who are viewing this thread