The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 56

I feel it comes down to the humane ritualization of food in general. All people, no matter who, are just easier to get along with if they're entertained by something delicious.

As a note from someone who's into cocktails, the "crush" during the cocktail probably was "muddling", but I'm just making some guesses.

Lol You'd think her in-laws being the adultier adults would let that silliness go if it hasnt personally hurt them. Like this is the noble lady your beloved son loves with all his heart enough to marry her and you wanna ruin your relationship with her and possibly with your son? Great going. I can't believe she had to cajole you with new alcohol for you to give her a chance.

I’m all for the lovey-dovey with Alfonse, but THIS RIGHT HERE is what I live for. The in laws were being shitty people and making a tea cocktail definitely wasn’t going to change their mindset, but I just like our girl talking about and making tea xD

LOLOL seriously?

Duchess! My back hurts! - "Here, try this mint tea"
Duchess! My boyfriend is cheating on me! - "What fruit does he like? Here, let's make a kiwi flavoured cocktail with matcha tea, and he'll come back to you!"
Duchess! ...

Also what? The in laws hated her this hard not because of some personal bias, or belief her standing wasn't high enough, or bad personal chemistry, but simply because she hadn't manage to prove herself by doing a new trick? How old is the author I wonder... Or how wishful?
Where is the husband? Why isn't he putting his parents in their place, or standing by his wife? Why does the wife have to do circus tricks to buy the inlaws' interest?

You know we could have a chapter with less tea drinking right?

Dex-chan lover
I don't care what yall say I liked this chapter she was just helping and it felt like a cool commercial I want some strawberries now, she's so kind 😍

Fed-Kun's army
Awesome.. lol, I want to solve problems like that with tea. Lol, thank you!!!

At first I was like, tea and alcohol??!! But then I remembered oolong tea could also contain alcohol

@NoraDaimio oh i like how you're thinking, is that... might i say, a plothole?

I'm kinda new to the criticisms of a story and whether it's good based on character development and such. Because I simply enjoy the story, it is quite refreshing to read commentary diving into the niche aspects of a story - one that breaks apart a story to investigate the plausibility.

Also the art style and colours are just so eye-catching that it makes me look past questioning the realistic components. Mini rant finished.

Users who are viewing this thread